Limited Owners Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Limited Owners Question

MikeCallery

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT Tri-Coat
For those of you with limiteds, do you all have the brushed aluminum kick plate that says "Explorer" on your driver's and passenger doors?? I seem to see this in a few pictures and I think I have isolated it to the Limited but am not sure.

Also, if you do, do you have anything similar for the passengers, or is this only up in the front row for driver and passenger?

Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For those of you with limiteds, do you all have the brushed aluminum kick plate that says "Explorer" on your driver's and passenger doors?? I seem to see this in a few pictures and I think I have isolated it to the Limited but am not sure.

Also, if you do, do you have anything similar for the passengers, or is this only up in the front row for driver and passenger?

Thank you.
The "Explorer" name is only on the driver and passenger side up front. The rear is just plastic on my Limited.

Thanks! I definitely need to find this part online at some point and upgrade! I have a few Limited items I want to put on my XLT.

The "Explorer" name is only on the driver and passenger side up front. The rear is just plastic on my Limited.

Same on mine

Have you seen the ones on the Edge Sport?......they are backlit and look very cool.

Thanks! I definitely need to find this part online at some point and upgrade! I have a few Limited items I want to put on my XLT.

Why would you do that?

Jack

Why?

Why would I do that? As in add a few items from the Limited that I like on my XLT?

I assume you are being sarcastic because the question in my opinion has a pretty obvious answer.

Please let us know if you find them for the rear door sills- That would be a nice upgrade.

Same on mine

Have you seen the ones on the Edge Sport?......they are backlit and look very cool.

Agreed! It looks pretty nice. I would like this. It appeals to my inner Tron.

Back