Livernois Motorsports 2013 Explorer Sport | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Livernois Motorsports 2013 Explorer Sport

Sorry I've never tuned a vehicle but would love to get a bit more out of my 14 Sport.

It's stock- what do I need to do to install the tune?

How do I switch back to stock?

Loading a tune to the vehicle is a very simple process that takes about 5 minutes. Just simply plug the device into the OBD port under the steering wheel and follow the on screen prompts. Just as another member mentioned previously, it is just as simple to load the stock tune back to the vehicle. Let us know if you have any additional questions or would like to place an order.

Anthony @ 313-561-5500 ext 103 or you can email info@livernoismotorsports.com
http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/

Plug the tuner into your service port, follow the on screen instructions and 5 mins later your tuned. Same in reverse if you want to return to stock. Very easy to do and well worth it.

Thank you very much for helping out!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it a good idea to wait a certain amount of the time on a new car (i.e. break-in period) before doing the tune? or should I install it from day 1? Or does it not matter?

We have some customers that bring in brand new vehicles or have them delivered to us for right from the dealer, and others that prefer to wait. Typically it is all user preference. -Anthony

How long does it take to get the tunes once I email the info back? Sent my email to tuning today.

How long does it take to get the tunes once I email the info back? Sent my email to tuning today.

You should get it tomorrow. Mine took a couple of days since I had a recent (just released) strategy code from factory. But they're pretty good about turning stuff around.

Driver for the tuner

Does anybody have the driver for the tuner? I am using xp. If so maybe email it to me please. Henry.jask@gmail.com

I have all Mac and had to dust the dirt off this laptop.

Does anybody have the driver for the tuner? I am using xp. If so maybe email it to me please. Henry.jask@gmail.com

I have all Mac and had to dust the dirt off this laptop.

You will not need a separate driver. It is installed while installing the Tuner Update application. I have sent you an email as well so let me know if you have any questions. -Anthony

So I installed the 87 tune. Liked the response from the pedal. Put the 91 tune on and didn't like how hard it shifted. Put the 93 on now and love it. Summer time I will put the 93 high boost tune on. Maybe give my jeep srt a run

Just put the 91 Performance Tune V2 on my Sport. All I have to say is WOW!!!!!!! What a friggin difference. This thing is a beast. Brought the old lady out for dinner. She even noticed how different it was. She said she could feel the power. Seat of the pants for sure. Love it.

Livernois,

Have you done any testing with a water/meth kit? If so how does it respond and does it require special tuning to get the most out of it? I was hoping to pick up some performance but also mileage while still using 87.

Just put the 91 Performance Tune V2 on my Sport. All I have to say is WOW!!!!!!! What a friggin difference. This thing is a beast. Brought the old lady out for dinner. She even noticed how different it was. She said she could feel the power. Seat of the pants for sure. Love it.

Thank you very much for the kind words and we are glad to hear you enjoy our tuning.

Livernois,

Have you done any testing with a water/meth kit? If so how does it respond and does it require special tuning to get the most out of it? I was hoping to pick up some performance but also mileage while still using 87.

We do install and custom tune for the Alky control methanol injection systems that we offer. Our Alky methanol injection kits require the use of a 3 bar map sensor as well and are typically tuned for our 91 or 93 performance tunes. We could create a custom 87 tune if needed but you would not be using the performance upgrades to their full potential due to the lack of octane. We only support custom tuning using 100% methanol and recommend using VP M1 methanol or something equivalent.

We do install and custom tune for the Alky control methanol injection systems that we offer. Our Alky methanol injection kits require the use of a 3 bar map sensor as well and are typically tuned for our 91 or 93 performance tunes. We could create a custom 87 tune if needed but you would not be using the performance upgrades to their full potential due to the lack of octane. We only support custom tuning using 100% methanol and recommend using VP M1 methanol or something equivalent.

But no off the shelf system yet for the Ex?

But no off the shelf system yet for the Ex?

Not a vehicle specific package at this time. We are in the development process at this time and I will keep everyone posted when it is released.

hi all. does this tuner remove the speed limit for the ex 3.5liter v6 (non-ecoboost)?

Back