• Register Today It's free!

load control and lifting

wingcmdr

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mercury Mountaineer
OK, so for all you mounty/ex know it alls that have more knowledge than me, I've built a drawer system for the cargo area of my 97 mounty that already had saggy ass, used a hellwig load leveling system that helped a little.

I'm wanting to do a 2" suspension lift. I'm thinking I should level the truck back to front first, then lift her.
Would Monroe 58617 Sensa-Trac Load Adjusting Shock Absorbers help level her and if so would they continue to do their job after the lift?
Or would War153 shackles be better? Or is there another option out there?

Also looking at Gabriel 43171 Rear Spring Assist Load Carrier Shocks.

I was also considering the F150 leaf pack mod as an alternative, though I'd be more comfortable with a bolt on than screwing around with leaf springs on my own.

Thanks for the help guys!:exporange

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Many have used them and there is a a bolt on half spring you can get to.

The load leveling shocks would fix the sag.
Warrior shackles would fix it for a little while, because keep in mind, the leaf springs are already sagging, so all you would be doing is pushing them further down, causing them to invert even more.

If you're willing to put F150 leaf springs on it, that would be your best bet.

The load leveling shocks would fix the sag.
Warrior shackles would fix it for a little while, because keep in mind, the leaf springs are already sagging, so all you would be doing is pushing them further down, causing them to invert even more.

If you're willing to put F150 leaf springs on it, that would be your best bet.

I agree on the f150 springs it's exactly what I'm about to do.

I agree on the f150 springs it's exactly what I'm about to do.

when I did mine I got the monroe sensatrec load adjusting shocks and when I was searching for leaf springs for the explorer I found a website that offered a heavy duty set ( sorry cant remember the site) but the leaf packs were an extra 500 lbs stiffer ( the load rating) i put those on there. I havent had any issues since and its been about 2 years. My only comment was that when putting both the stiffer springs and the load adjusting ( coil over ) shocks on, is that the ride is quite a bit stiffer

Is that the price for one spring? And thanks for the help everyone! I can handle a stiffer ride as I'm used to trucks anyways. So I might do the monroe shocks and f150 springs for the time being, and then shackles when I'm ready to lift.

I believe that is the price for just one of the spring packs

I'm wondering why this sort of helper spring isn't more common.
At least I don't hear about it.

I had to search rather extensively to find these specific leafs. Most websites just sell the oem replacements (which will have the same problem as the stock leafs after a while). Most people just do the f150 leafs, a helper spring, or the coil overs

I had to search rather extensively to find these specific leafs. Most websites just sell the oem replacements (which will have the same problem as the stock leafs after a while). Most people just do the f150 leafs, a helper spring, or the coil overs

Did you click on the link?

Oh my bad. But yes people do use the helper springs or add-a-leafs

Back