Loganfilm - How did the appointment with the Ford Tech go? | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Loganfilm - How did the appointment with the Ford Tech go?

Well, that's not good.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Loganfilm,

You are a better man than I am. The lemon law process has been started on mine. Waiting to hear from Ford now.

My MFT system still screws up all the time and they have had it 5X and for 33 days. I have had new hardware and 3 versions of the software installed and problems remain.

The Ford engineer who looked at it said that Ford cannot fix it right now and that they might have a fix in January. While customer service tells me that the entire system shutting down while I am driving is "normal", the engineer was honest and said that it is not working as designed, but that they cannot fix it. I find that unacceptable.

I cannot wait to be rid of it.

Yes. That is exactly what happened. It popped open while driving. In motion. In traffic.

Luckily, it was two blocks before I got on the freeway.

Luckier still that none of my gear fell out.

I'm rather thankful they included that stretch net piece and even more thankful that I chose to install it. Totally saved my camera gear and computer bag from eating traffic on Bundy Drive in Los Angeles.

Just went out to the ex and could not get the tailgate to open or close whether using the dash button or the fob in any gear but park. The dash beeps at you. You must have a electric or electronics problem. Or you hit a really,really bone jaring bump/pothole. Sounds like you got a lemon. What Cory say about this?

First of all sorry to hear of alll your bad issues but to let you know that the rear door only opens when in park not in any other gear !! Safety reasons !!! All of my prior only open in park !!!!\

First of all sorry to hear of alll your bad issues but to let you know that the rear door only opens when in park not in any other gear !! Safety reasons !!! All of my prior only open in park !!!!\

I think that was the point of his post, it shouldn't do that, but it did.

That's a big problem!!

Yes. That is exactly what happened. It popped open while driving. In motion. In traffic...
Loganfilm,
I’d like to set up a time for you to be called about this if that’s OK with you. Please let me know when it’s a good time for you.

NEWPORTNJ, I’m going to make sure this is reviewed further.

Cory

4 3 2 1 burst into flames

Really? It just popped open while you were driving down the road. Wow, seems strange to me how everything that could possibly go wrong with a vehicle is happening to yours. I've never heard of that happening. NEVER. There are fail safe systems in place. Does your VIN number end in 00001. Did you get the first one off the assembly line? Good luck with the rest of the stuff. WOW. Crazy stuff dude. I'd be runnin to he courts to get some kind of resolution. LEMON LAW TIME.

Really? It just popped open while you were driving down the road. Wow, seems strange to me how everything that could possibly go wrong with a vehicle is happening to yours. I've never heard of that happening. NEVER. There are fail safe systems in place. Does your VIN number end in 00001. Did you get the first one off the assembly line? Good luck with the rest of the stuff. WOW. Crazy stuff dude. I'd be runnin to he courts to get some kind of resolution. LEMON LAW TIME.

"Does your VIN number end in 00001?"

No... my guess is that it ends in "666"

Back