long time lurker

wayfastwhitey

Reaction score
City, State
wylie tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 5.0 xlt
New member. Long time lurker.

On my third explorer, and by far the nicest one I've ever owned is my latest one, '96 xlt, factory awd, leather interior and aftermarket sunroof ( found a conversion sticker in the glovebox.

Front Windows don't work like they should and the sunroof doesn't work either, my only complaints about the interior is that the arm rest on the center console has something Sharp protruding where my arm rests naturally, the sunroof motor can be seen resting on the inside of the headliner, the buttons on the steering wheel are broke, and the driver power seat doesn't move, which isn't terrible since it happens to be just where I want it to be.

The leather and all the plastics are all flawless.

I bought it a week ago for 700 bucks and put a water pump on it immediately since it was weeping.

Someone converted it to 2wd, and I'm ok with that but i think it might have something to do with my odometer not working, but atleast the speedometer still works fine.

Lucky for me the a/c works and blows ice cold, the a/c compressor was unplugged and I noticed that while replacing the water pump.

Photobucket and my phone don't get along, so give me time and I will post pics.

Plans as of now are jmod / tb / maf / zip / and k&n drop in, intake p&p wither spacer, reflash the e.c.u with some sort of programmer, a h.o cam if I can find one on my next graveyard outing, and 1.7:1 roller rockers and a custom o/r x pipe and an undetermined set of muffler, more than likely all 2.5" piping. I'd love to find some used torque monsters, but that is to-be determined still. I know mustang pipes won't fit, but I haven't seen exactly what it is that makes them not applicable. Anyone have any more info on what exactly the issues are? Im not afraid of a torch, hammer or a welder to get the job done, chances are I will just save up for the t.m. set but I am still curious about other sets.

Long term would be a 347 roller shortblock, non p gt40 heads worked over, undetermined cam, undetermined stall, all added to what I mentioned above. Depending on what rar have now I may have to find some steeper gears...

I hope to have the jmod done in the next few weeks, its easy enough to do, I did one to a 97 town car I previously owned, you gotta love that 1/2 kick!

My apologies for the life story, excited to start down this road I have decided to embark upon!

Back