• Register Today It's free!

Long time lurker

OkiePeach

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Limited, 06 XLT
I have used this forum since having my first Explorer, a 2000 XLT. I have had some issues with the newer one, 2002 Limited 4.6 V8, made discoveries based on posts by other discoverers, fixed issues based on posts and now I am at a loss, again. Does anyone else feel like their ride is possessed sometimes?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome.

Hey there buddy, glad to have you here finally. Care to tell more about the "possessed" issue?

Welcome from Costa Mesa California! :thumbsup:

Hey there buddy, glad to have you here finally. Care to tell more about the "possessed" issue?

Buddette, actually! Ex replaced my motor with a motor from a Mountaineer that had been hit in the front. Get it back, it has what I call a hiccup when you get on the accelerator. Now, the transmission sounds like it is shifting okay so I am thinking misfire. I could be wrong. Top it off, we had a metallic rattle from under the hood and replaced the serpentine belt and tensioner. It threw the belt and discovered the sound was coming from the power steering pulley. Have replaced that now, it still throws the belt. Looking at the pulley it looks tilted. I have been questioning the quality of work of the person who put the replacement motor in and the ex is being a super ******. He brought it to me knowing it wasn't right.

Back