Look what I got today - 07 fusion keys! For my 04 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Look what I got today - 07 fusion keys! For my 04

I got one as well, but the shroud ? on my ignition on my 2003 sport are too skinny for the thicker key
$30 if anyone is interested, its new and uncut.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had to get a key from the mountaineer dealer when I bought the mounty, because it only had one key and fob. Just for the key was $120 for programming and cutting. I wish there was a way to integrate the ford key into the jaguar fob...I love the fob from jag and there's never a sharp edge poking you.

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

The only bad thing...

Ive had the fusion key for about 3 months now.
If I put the key in the ignition with the buttons facing away from me, I will almost always touch the rear hatch button as I turn the key.
Then I have to get out and close it

minor, but an annoyance

so can i grab an ign switch from a 2002 for my 2003 sport maybe because its an xlt

so can i grab an ign switch from a 2002 for my 2003 sport maybe because its an xlt

Couple things against doing this...

Doesnt matter what trim level your sport is, an ignition from a 3rd gen wont fit. Easily anyway. Im sure the wiring harness are totally different.

Then, another set back is you have a pats system I believe on your ignition where the 3rd gen key has a pats II system. Not compatible. I dont think you'd be able to program a 3rd gen key to a 2nd gen security system.

i have 2 keys but 1 transmitter. i only need the 2 keys to make this work right? this would be perfect since i always want to have 2 transmitters. if i bought the transmitter would my oem mountaineer one still work also? thanks.

i have 2 keys but 1 transmitter. i only need the 2 keys to make this work right? this would be perfect since i always want to have 2 transmitters. if i bought the transmitter would my oem mountaineer one still work also? thanks.

As long as you have 2 keys, you can program additional ones (the fusion keys) without the dealer or lock smith
No restrictions on transmitters or remote fobs.

As long as you have 2 keys, you can program additional ones (the fusion keys) without the dealer or lock smith
No restrictions on transmitters or remote fobs.

very cool. thanks alot!

Update:
I started this thread when I got my keys.
But wanted to warn everyone who has them that they are easily broken.
I was at Lowes tonight and the items I needed were in an unopened box, so I used the key to break the tape and I broke the key blade off! :thumbdwn::mad:

It never came out, just bent cause I kind of used the teeth like a knife.
I straightened it out but just dont trust it any more. Who wants that stuck in the ignition...So I still have the other which is solid and my original key.

Just letting you guys know... dont use your fusion key like a knife!

i just did this to my 02 and wonder if it would work with my 02 lincoln ls?

BTW, i only had one kay and ford charged ym $72 cut and program. And the trunk button opens the top rear hatch too.

Update:
I started this thread when I got my keys.
But wanted to warn everyone who has them that they are easily broken.
I was at Lowes tonight and the items I needed were in an unopened box, so I used the key to break the tape and I broke the key blade off! :thumbdwn::mad:

It never came out, just bent cause I kind of used the teeth like a knife.
I straightened it out but just dont trust it any more. Who wants that stuck in the ignition...So I still have the other which is solid and my original key.

Just letting you guys know... dont use your fusion key like a knife!

Wish I had seen that before I used it to open my navigation system last week! Key fell out put it back it and now its crooked. Im going to put some nail glue around it and see if that helps keep it in place. Im also going to hide a spare key in mine somewhere just in case it breaks off while Im out I can at least get home.

I had to get a key from the mountaineer dealer when I bought the mounty, because it only had one key and fob. Just for the key was $120 for programming and cutting. I wish there was a way to integrate the ford key into the jaguar fob...I love the fob from jag and there's never a sharp edge poking you.

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

they sell one similar to that, its the one from mazda but it works on the explorer/mountaineers. Do a search and it will come up.

very nice, to bad we cant program it to work with an aftermarket alarm.

If you guys like the fusion key there is a fusion flip key on ebay now too like the jettas have.

Fusion Keys no longer work in my Ex =( I have 2 brand new ones sitting in my console and the damn thing wont let me program them.

Back