Looking at making the switch to an '11 Limited | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking at making the switch to an '11 Limited

It has become increasingly difficult for many to pull up the Window Sticker any more. Not sure why. Use this link and it will tell you everything you want to know;
https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Peter

Ah, very good! Thank you very much Peter! Tells me everything I was looking for!

Also little side note - Are you a K9 Handler in Law Enforcement or Military?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ah, very good! Thank you very much Peter! Tells me everything I was looking for!

Also little side note - Are you a K9 Handler in Law Enforcement or Military?
No, although I was involved in both. The K9's are in my avatar.;) You're not the first to ask.

Peter

It has become increasingly difficult for many to pull up the Window Sticker any more. Not sure why. Use this link and it will tell you everything you want to know;
https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Peter

Its because the manufacturers have found out that people are willing to pay for this service so many have been put behind pay services.......lame.

Its because the manufacturers have found out that people are willing to pay for this service so many have been put behind pay services.......lame.
Haven't come across any of those sites. The ones I've tried say to go through the dealer or they simply say the 'Sticker' hasn't been posted yet even though I have a copy on file.

Peter

Well I went and looked at the '13 today. Other than the fact that it was a smoker's vehicle and it reeked, it was a nice vehicle.

Unfortunately the dealer wasn't really willing to deal so I guess it's on to the next one!

Well folks I went and looked at an '11 today. Really liked it and it's in my price range. 302A, silver in color with new tires. No A-Pillar rattle present, under side was dry. MFT updated.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on it.

Have you read the threads? Most issues resolved in recalls and TSAs, but there are those that were solved in later model years.

I just traded up from an '11 to a '16. Good deals on the '16 as they clear the model year off the lots for the '17.

I'd take the $$ you were going to pay for the '11, put it down on a '16, and take the 0% financing. It's a car payment, but IMHO, you'll like it better than the '11.

I paid cash for my '11 when it was 2.5 years old. That way I got a $43k car for $28k with 6 months on bumper-to bumper to play it safe since it is used and 2.5 years on powertrain. I buy and hold as long as it will last. Pay cash as I won't get 0% financing on a used car (at least not with a good deal) and it is a depreciating asset. Fortunate to be able to do so.

So, I could always trade and get a '16 now that they are out (money not an issue), but that will be money down the drain with my philosophy. Other thing is I have seen a bunch of '16's around lately, and while they look just fine, I personally prefer the '11 look so I'm happy. It's all personal preference. Model year, buying new or used and what you choose to spend and how to finance - if so.

Well folks I went and looked at an '11 today. Really liked it and it's in my price range. 302A, silver in color with new tires. No A-Pillar rattle present, under side was dry. MFT updated.

Good choice. Updated MFT is key. The '11 model year is still a great looking vehicle that is not showing any age.

I wish I had seen this thread earlier as the one thing I would have recommended is checking under the hood lip for paint bubbles. Hopefully yours avoided that or already fixed. Make sure you really look under the whole hood lip above the rubber grommet (pull it back) if you have not bought yet.

The nice thing is that it has that gauge sweep when you start up the car. Only the 11s have it.

Also, if you have the tow package on it, check if you have the air compressor under the driver's seat. :thumbsup:

Back