Looking For Leaf Spring Bushings | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking For Leaf Spring Bushings

mdtorska

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Sport Trac
Hey ya'll I need some new bushings for my leaf spring. I am having a hard time just finding a bushing kit for the ST. I see the kits all day long for a Ranger. Does anyone know if they would fit? Im looking to put some polyurethane bushings in. If anyone has a part number I would be grateful.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cross reference the part numbers between the rubber Ranger bushings and the rubber Explorer bushings. If they are the same, the Ranger poly kit will work.

The ST has it's own bushings and eyelet size that's different from the Ex and Ranger. I learned this after researching and looking for new leafsprings. I'll look it up and see if I can find all the links and info for them.

Ok so which bushings exactly do you need? in frame upper shackle bushing, front and or rear spring bushings? The upper frame shackle bushing will work from a 2nd Gen Explorer, I used a set from a '97 Explorer Sport on my '03 ST.

http://www.autoandtrucksprings.com/catalog/Ford_Rubber_Encased_Leaf_Spring_Bushings-186-1.html

Here's some pictures of specs for the leafsprings and eyelets, etc...

IMG_4970.jpg

IMG_4971.jpg

IMG_4972.jpg

Thanks Steve, I knew you'd help out.

Ok so which bushings exactly do you need? in frame upper shackle bushing, front and or rear spring bushings? The upper frame shackle bushing will work from a 2nd Gen Explorer, I used a set from a '97 Explorer Sport on my '03 ST.

I am looking for all three on both sides. They are all cracked and chuncks are missing. Thats why I was hoping for a poly kit.

Looking for the same for a 2003. The links weren't real clear or I just missed it. Thanks.

Anyone?

Back