• Register Today It's free!

Looking for some part numbers.

lafd55

Reaction score
City, State
Albany, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT V6
Recently had some body work done to my 2013 Explorer, I know right. They did a bang up job with the work and paint blending and everything looked good when I picked it up on Wednesday this past week, but Friday I opened the hood and found all the plastic clips of one of the pieces are broken, and now Sunday noticed the Exterior A-Pillar Molding RH was poorly glued into place because of all those clips are broken too. My guess is they were a little too aggressive when removing the moldings and broke all the clips, and I mean all of then. So I am looking for some part numbers of these pieces. The Black Exterior A-Pillar molding RH is pretty simple to describe. The other one is a plastic piece in the engine compartment on the right in front of the hinge, I have attached a pic of it.
IMG_20130428_145352_zpse0bdbbc4.jpg

IMG_20130428_145342_zps498b06b6.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Recently had some body work done to my 2013 Explorer, I know right. They did a bang up job with the work and paint blending and everything looked good when I picked it up on Wednesday this past week, but Friday I opened the hood and found all the plastic clips of one of the pieces are broken, and now Sunday noticed the Exterior A-Pillar Molding RH was poorly glued into place because of all those clips are broken too. My guess is they were a little too aggressive when removing the moldings and broke all the clips, and I mean all of then. So I am looking for some part numbers of these pieces. The Black Exterior A-Pillar molding RH is pretty simple to describe. The other one is a plastic piece in the engine compartment on the right in front of the hinge, I have attached a pic of it.
I always go to www.fordparts.com for info on parts and prices.
I don't know why you should have to worry about this. It should all be taken care of by the body shop. It is next to impossible to remove the 'A' pillar trim without breaking the plastic clips. That is why Ford now sends the clips along with the trim piece when it requires replacing.

Did some looking through the ford parts site under 'Body - Fenders - Front Fender Apron Upper Reinforcement' and it looks like that is a Cowl Side Panel, part #02038 and is listed at $62.55. If ordering, specify RH or LH.

Peter

For sure I'm making them replace it and did look on the site, just not always good at finding part numbers for anything lol. I just would have liked to know the part # because I like to know my vehicle and make sure things are done right.

I would also question why they are gluing anything....make them replace the clips as its supposed to be done.....

For sure I'm making them replace it and did look on the site, just not always good at finding part numbers for anything lol. I just would have liked to know the part # because I like to know my vehicle and make sure things are done right.

Hi lafd55,

As Peter suggested, going to http://www.fordparts.com is a great next step. You can select the Live Chat option to get assistance from our parts pros; click this link and you'll see the availability of our Live Chat representatives: http://www.fordparts.com/ContactUs.aspx

I can also get your regional customer service manager involved by creating a case escalation for you. Just send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll take it from there. :)

Crystal

Last time I tried it, fordparts.com didn't actually give the same model numbers as the dealer uses.

Last time I tried it, fordparts.com didn't actually give the same model numbers as the dealer uses.
I don't think that is too unusual. I suggest anyone looking up part numbers on the ford parts website should confirm part number and price with the dealer's parts department before ordering or having it ordered.
Thanks for that note phareous.

Peter

Back