Looking for the right HU for a '98 with 2- 12s | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for the right HU for a '98 with 2- 12s

Hey guys I have my dash apart and I need some help

1) The ground is black with green stripe. There are 2 of those is the ground the heavier gauge right? what is the other for?

2) I have 3 other wires. an all black, and 2 pink with black stripes. What are these for? I know one has to be the illumination, one has to be the mute, dont know what the other is for.

any and all help is greatly appreciated and yes I searched

Question:

did you get one of those ready made harnesses or did you cut the oem harness.

I already cut the OEM harness. THere supposedly is no adapter that will go straight from the kenwood and plug into the OEM harness so I cut the OEM and I am currently trying to hard wire it to the kenwood harness

However they do make harnesses, even for the godforsaken premium/jbl systems w/ external amp that will give you power/ground etc. to wire in an aftermarket Head Unit, an amp bypass or extra wiring might be needed for the speaks though.

by cutting the stock harness it could be a real pain in the you know what to figure out what's what unless someone knows what wires are what...

Back