looking for ways to convert my girl car to a real explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

looking for ways to convert my girl car to a real explorer

friedexploder92

Reaction score
City, State
fort worth taxas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
hi,

im brand new to the forum, ive got a 96 xlt 4x4 that used to be my sisters so its pretty much a girl car right now. i want to know if ther are any mods available on a low budget. i definately want it lifted and bigger tires but i cant seem to find a lift kit for it, any suggestions would be grealty appriciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome! You definitely want to start in the Modified sub-section for your gen Ex... and take off the seat covers if she put them there. ;)

Lift shackles-69.95, TT (Torsion Twist) Free, Body lift 186.95. You need part number 853 for the body lift. Its made for the ranger but works fine. suspensionconnection.com carries them, desertrat.com carries the shackles.

I'd keep it a girl car -- keep it "unique", or in a league of its own :)

Wow!

That is very impressive! I'd like to do a little lift on the 01 Sport... We only have an add-a-leaf on the rear. Excellent information!

I'd keep it a girl car -- keep it "unique", or in a league of its own :)

:D I say put some dirty socks in the cargo area, and man it up a bit. Then a little cologne on the carpets to change the feel... ;) Or keep it a girl car... What makes it a "girl" car?

sweet dude< this is going to help alot, also i was thinking about a roof rack, ive seen alot of them for my truck but i was wondering which would be the best for the money, any recomendations???

Back