Looking to keep stock height and more of an aggressive wheel and tire . | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking to keep stock height and more of an aggressive wheel and tire .

Davexnyc

Reaction score
City, State
Cocoa Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer Sport Trac
Hey guys so I’m new to the truck community , I landed on a 05 Sport Trac Adrenalin and was wondering about throwing 15” wheels with a tire . Would it fit? I read some thing about the back spacing having to 3 inches ? If you guys have any pictures please post them too ! Sorry about the crap quality pictures my dad took them today

C6293A4F-5824-4B6A-A698-6C9D30CB7258.jpeg

D9B92AD0-FDC5-497E-90C9-2CFD93B1F702.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

16inch is stock. 7 inch width, and 12mm offset
May I ask why you would go smaller?

15s are hit or miss with whether they will fit on these trucks. Most will, but some will not clear the front calipers. It is best to test fit on to make sure. That said, there are a lot more tire options in 16s and 17s as I found out trying to find a good AT for my XJ.

15s are hit or miss with whether they will fit on these trucks. Most will, but some will not clear the front calipers. It is best to test fit on to make sure. That said, there are a lot more tire options in 16s and 17s as I found out trying to find a good AT for my XJ.
my 01 has factory 15's. wish I could find 16' around here because it's getting harder to find 15's since everything is going bigger. Yes the sticker in the door say's 15's.

Back