Looking to lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking to lift

ManOverboard

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ST
I can't find a solid way to lift my 2001 2WD sport trac. I've been looking really hard but haven't really come up with anything. Do the Rander Edge and the sport trac have a common chasis/suspenion? I found a lift for 1998-02 Ford Ranger Edge's on herehttp://www.rockymountainsusp.com/fd2_Rngr98.htm I'm just wondering if that'll work? and if not I guess i'll have to settle for a 3'' body, a Torsion twist, and a spindle drop kit?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...welcome here... there are a few newly lifted st's on here...try a search...:D

Eh, honestly I'd be open to any suggestions or alterior means of lifting my ST. I tried a search but didn't really find anything yet.

Eh, honestly I'd be open to any suggestions or alterior means of lifting my ST. I tried a search but didn't really find anything yet.

98+ ranger stuff works up front. RCD, Superlift, (don't do trailmaster).
Since it's 2wd, anything for a 2wd ford ranger edge should work (camburg etc).
It depends on what you want the truck to do and how much to want to spend.

how much lift do you want?

98+ ranger stuff works up front. RCD, Superlift, (don't do trailmaster).
Since it's 2wd, anything for a 2wd ford ranger edge should work (camburg etc).
It depends on what you want the truck to do and how much to want to spend.

I don't want to spend that much money for the camburg system, I don't think I'll really need that hardcore of a system. What types of ways are there to lift the truck both front and rear? I'm curious to know all of the options.

spindles will give you 3" of lift then TT up to 3"(it's 2wd no cv's to worry about binding up) then if you want a 3" body lift thats 9" of lift, a guy on here had 37's on that combo with a little trimming.

spindles will give you 3" of lift then TT up to 3"(it's 2wd no cv's to worry about binding up) then if you want a 3" body lift thats 9" of lift, a guy on here had 37's on that combo with a little trimming.

That all sounds good, Can you hook me up with some company's that do spindles? Do spindles work on the rear too, or do I need somethin else back there? I have no idea..:confused:

Spindles lift the front. It is basically just an outer knuckle (where the wheel mounts) that moves the wheel 3" down.
For the rear, you can
a) install lift shackles that move the spring down for about 1.5" of lift;
b) buy lift springs $$$; or
c) do a SOA (spring over axle) conversion. Right now, you axle is mounted on top of the spring. A SOA puts the axle on the bottom, giving you around 4" of lift.

A spindle lift with + 1" or so torsion bar adjustment with a SOA should match nicely giving about 4" of lift and fit 32's or 33's.

No SOA=6" of lift

So spindles plus TT = SOA

No SOA=6" of lift

So spindles plus TT = SOA

Thanks for the correction, it was an estimate. I haven't measured the spring pack myself ;)

Back