• Register Today It's free!

lost of power

mr pete

Reaction score
City, State
mass
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 sport
Ok my X this morning lost all electric power and died on the highway. I have been having this promblem for awhile and ford can't seem to be able to fix or find the promblem. sometimes when I get into it in the morning everything is dead. no lights no start nothing. then it seems to come alive after a few min. well when the tow truck came to pick me up and put it on the truck to go to ford everthing came alive again.
I have told the dealer everything that has been going on with it and they put a flight recorder into it( I think that's what they called it) and they would tell me I'm getting a loss of power, no sh** so it's not pulling any codes also.
Should I go to a person that only works on auto electric or back to the dealer. I can't be paying for tow's then a little later all is fine with it. and ideas!!!! I have a new battery so I'm sure that is not the promblem they also said my ground wire is fine, which I really don't believe.

Do you have an aftermarket alarm system? Could be that or could be a problem with the PATS alarm the truck comes with.

Check the battery connections, the power connections at the power distribution box, alternator and starter, and the ground at the starter for starters... haha... no pun intended...

If your doubtful about the ground cable..change it for about 12 bucks. Try tightening the bolt for the ground on the frame. check all fuseable connections for "ignition" they might be corroded. These prevent power from reaching it's destination...just a thought

Back