LOVE this Sport--My time line | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LOVE this Sport--My time line

Reaction score
City, State
Rhode Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer
Yes I'm one of the lucky one that got this ordered and built in record time. I'm usually not this lucky. I was prepared for a 10-12 week wait. 5-6 was a suprise but I will take it. Here is time line.

Ok so here is my time line.
Ordered sport on 2/26
Got vin on 3/8
Got sticker around 3/21
Produced on 3/27
Shipped on 3/31
ETA was 4/8 but it arrived on 4/9 late night Found out 4/10
Picked it up today.

Got out of a 2010 V8 Lexus GX 460 and I have to tell you that I'm really impressed with the power. Love the Dual bucket seats we ordered and the Sienna/Black leather combo is the way to go. My kids will experiment with dual Dvd's tonight

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats on MY ride !!!! :)

I wanted the sienna but the wife wanted black and since it's her DD - I relented...

but we agreed on TuxBlack and dual buckets without console :)

maybe it was already in the pipeline and your dealer was nice enough to give you one of his allocations...

Enjoy the ride !

No

Congrats on MY ride !!!! :)

I wanted the sienna but the wife wanted black and since it's her DD - I relented...

but we agreed on TuxBlack and dual buckets without console :)

maybe it was already in the pipeline and your dealer was nice enough to give you one of his allocations...

Enjoy the ride !

No I ordered this to the tee. DVDs. Moon roof and no adaptive cruise. Sienna interior. Floor mats. Rear buckets. It was ordered with an order number and built off of that. These things are not easy to come by and are not just ordered and waiting for someone to take. I almost bought one on a lot but no sienna interior cond had adaptive cruise. Don't use cruise so it would have been a waste.

Lucky! I wish mine was on such a quick scheduled. I ordered 3/27, scheduled to 5/13/13 (ouch), and probably deliver 3-4 weeks after that. That's a long time :(

Anyone ever hear of them being built earlier then scheduled or this time line getting shorter after the fact?

I ordered 3/29 and was told 6-8 weeks.

2/25

Ordered mine 2/25. Built last week. Confirmed today it shipped. Crossing fingers will have it this week.

Ordered mine 2/12, first ETA was 4/15, pushed back to 4/21 and still waiting on further updates. Getting a bit pissed...

Ordered mine on 3/25 and was given an ETA of 5/12....

Hi folks!

The time that elapses from order to delivery can vary on a variety of factors. To stay up-to-date on your Explorer's status, send me a PM with your VIN or your order number and dealer name; I'll keep you informed with weekly updates. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Got mine today ! Worth the wait.

Mine showed up yesterday! Finally!!!!

Congrats ! Welcome to the 'Cheshire Cat grinning club' !!!

Back