Low Beams Do Not Work | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Low Beams Do Not Work

Parksalot

Reaction score
I have a manual (stick) 95 Explorer Sport Trac. The other morning I found that the front right and left low beam headlights do not work. The fog lights, hi beams etc work. I checked the fuses and replaced the headlight switch with no success. I researched further and there are dicussions about the Lamp Outage Module located in the center console. It goes on to say If your model does not have a message center then there is not a LOM. My model does not have a message center or center console as shown in the how to. Before I dig into the dash again does anyone know if that is true?
Thanks,
John

I have a manual (stick) 95 Explorer Sport Trac. The other morning I found that the front right and left low beam headlights do not work. The fog lights, hi beams etc work. I checked the fuses and replaced the headlight switch with no success. I researched further and there are dicussions about the Lamp Outage Module located in the center console. It goes on to say If your model does not have a message center then there is not a LOM. My model does not have a message center or center console as shown in the how to. Before I dig into the dash again does anyone know if that is true?
Thanks,
John

The lowbeams/daytime running lights go out when you turn on the parking/hand brake.

Check if the switch is stuck on.

Back