• Register Today It's free!

Lower billet grill install prob

EXRob

Reaction score
City, State
Central Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
Ok, really easy I know but here's the problem. The $)@*#&$ license plate bracket is in the way and I'd have to trim the grill around the small part of the bracket that goes through the bottom grill in order to make it fit. I was wondering if anyone out there with the lower bumper billet grill used a different method or what. I have a '99.

My dad is saying we have to trim parts of the lower billet grill in the middle to "work our way around the bracket" but I think thats f[]ckin bull, and totally unnecessary. Please save me from my psycho dad.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take for example 99Sport's, I think he has a diff. username on this forum; anyway, he has the same exact Explorer Sport I do.

Here's a pic of his front end:

200141_100_full.jpg

It's obvious he didn't trim his lower billet grill at all. I tried to get in contact with him on how he did his, but of course he's away on AIM :(

someone PLEASE help!

i cant help you, because i have a different bumper. give it some time... the forum is slow on weekends. someone here will know. :)

Originally posted by james t
i cant help you, because i have a different bumper. give it some time... the forum is slow on weekends. someone here will know. :)

thanks ;)

Back