• Register Today It's free!

Lowered w/ stock wheels

nygbrad

Reaction score
City, State
Longwood, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer XLT
Hey anyone have pics of their 3rd gen lowered with stock wheels? I think I'm about to get some GF springs and was wondering how it would look with the stock wheels. I have the 17" XLT Sport wheels and I want to get some 20's but their gonna have to wait until things pick up.

I've searched on the forum for awhile and couldn't find any pics of what I'm looking for so I thought I'd start a thread!!

Thanks in advance!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my suggestion...

get the rims first... then once the rims are on, and you can see how much wheel gap you have with 20's... then buy a kit to drop your X to the height you want... if you lower the truck first you could limit yourself with wheel selection...

again just my thought, but to each his own.

good luck fella !

Well I've seen photos of the 20's w/ 275/45-20 and the GF springs. I like the way it looks and I don't really want a "slammed" look. Plus it will be awhile before I get new rims unless I can find a killer deal on some used ones I like. Thanks for the input though...it's something to think about!!

I'll try and get you a pic.......if I forget, email me. My truck is a 2002 XLT and a I dropped it with GF springs and put a set of KYB's on all four. My stock rims are the 16 inch and I have 255/70/16 tires. Truck looks nice

I'd be interested in seeing that pic also. I'm thinking about the GF drop also but not sure I wanna switch from the stock rims.

I'm with you 'fyrfyter612' !! We have the same color and wheels. I'm curious if it will look good just lowered...

Can't wait to see the pic SnookMan!!

Any word on that pic yet?

I'll take a few pics this weekend after I wash her up......Works been a nightmare this week. TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm interested too. I'm looking at the GF springs too and thinking about getting my stock 17's powder coated either Gunmetal or Black Chrome.

Here's a pic of my truck from this afternoon......friday afternoon road grime and all.

April2010045.jpg

I lowered it with GF springs, and KYB struts. The tires are 255/70/16 which with the springs "should" make it sit about 2" lower than stock. . I'm about to buy four new 255/65/16 which will drop it another 1/2". The springs really changed the ride of the truck, stiffened it up and made it feel alot more sporty. I came from a 96' Impala so the stock suspension that came in the EX was a little too sloppy for me.

Looks good...I feel much better about lowering it before I get wheels now. Plus I have the 17" sport wheels so I think it won't look as bad as I thought it would.

Thanks for the pic!!

Thanks for the pic. That helps.

I definately like!!!!....I also have the 17" sport wheels.

And that's the running boards I want. I have the tubes now and they rust like crazy.

fyrfyter612 - When are you thinking about lowering yours? We have the same color and I want to see how it looks. I'm looking at a few months before I do mine.

Oh...I'll probably wait untill I need to replace the struts. Find it hard to justify spending the money on new struts and springs before I actually need them. Unless I win the lottery of course....LOL.

here is mine. not so great pic tho.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwODYtMjAxMDAzMTUtMjIwM.jpg

Very nice Jarvis!! Are those 17's? I really can't wait to drop mine now. Are you running GF all the way around?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice Jarvis!! Are those 17's? I really can't wait to drop mine now. Are you running GF all the way around?

Those look like Limited rims... in which case, yes they are 17"
Looks great!

Back