• Register Today It's free!

Lowered with RCD coilover stuff ?

scruff

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Limited chassis only
So has anyone lowered, or set up an Ex at stock height with an RCD Coilover kit?

I know they're advertised as a 5 inch lift kit (and they're supposedly ranger parts) , but surely with the bracketry all it would take is a different length set of shocks and springs ?

Anyone done this already ? I'd love to see some clos eup pictures of how the brackets look (even if on a lifted truck)

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the only parts the would be of any use would be the brackets to adapt to the coil over shocks. everything else will make the truck taller.
i have the RCD on my ranger.
a96607ff.jpg

i dont havea good pic of the bottom, maybe i can find one in a few

only problem you might run into is the thru bolts for the RCD are 9/16"
most universal c/o shocks ive messed with are 1/2"
findin a shock that will fit the application may be a task.

there are a few torsion bar rangers that have converted to c/o drops on RPS as well.

Thanks Gumby, thats exactly the sort of picture I was hoping for, just looking to see what they did at the upper mount.

MtGreen, thanks for the link, I actually read that post, but thought it was all lift oriented, it wasn't until I re-read it that I saw all the info on shock length and travel stuff.

I'd still love to figure out some way of putting airbags under these, but the only way I see doing it is either to cut off the upper mount, fab something else and then use something like a air-strut OR
Make a solid bar to replace the torsion bar and put the bag over it and the other end on the frame, sort of a backwards version of a rodders four link rear end.

The coil over are definately a consideration though. For now, I think I'll just leave everything stock, except maybe some shocks that'll allow travel right down to chopped bump stops.

Do you guys know the stock shocks spec ? length compressed and length extended ?

here is a nice shot of the bottom mount(not my pic)

lowermount.jpg

Looking at that pictures it's no surprise that the torsion bars groan a lot is it ?
The keyway where the TB slips in is just bounds to junk up dry out and generally be crap. Great picture there.

I had a look at Edelbrocks site hoping for some more info, but theres nothig there. I'll have to research it later.

Thanks!

Back