• Register Today It's free!

Lowering a 93

JMan93

Reaction score
City, State
Westford, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4x4
I have a 93 4x4. Can I lower it? If so what do i need i.e. drop beams, leafs, blocks, etc.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You'll need I Beams for the front, and either blocks or dropped leaf springs in the rear.

Both of those products can be found at Dead Link Removed

Doesnt explorer express sell drop springs for the front. a lot cheaper than beams. but i guess it depends how much he wants to lower it...

I emailed ee about those springs if they were lowered or stock level i have not gotten a reply yet:(

Screw EE, I guarentee you they will not respond via e-mail. I don't think they've updated their website in 10 months. Plus, you can get the same or better product from other places for less money.

If you really want to get a hold of them, call them.

Originally posted by Hartman
Screw EE, I guarentee you they will not respond via e-mail.

They have always promptly answered my e mail to them.

who else sells them?

You can only lower an old school 4x4 Explorer 2 inches in the front and 3 in the back...
You just need some 2" lowering coils in the front (like the Eibach Pro-Kit Spring #3540.520) and some blocks in the back (pick them up at your local Advance Auto Parts)

hope this helps...

thanks-a-million!

egeekial... are you sure about that drop of a 4x4? Do you personally have it done? Those springs are for a 4x2 and the front differentials/transfer case looks like if you lower the vehicle, the case will slam the oil pan... I wanted to do it, but it didn't look like a good idea... Please, let me know...

I did it last weekend did not have one PROBLEM got a shop to allign it i put the 2 inch drop springs in and 3 inch blocks in the back
not low enough i'm gonna trranfer it to a 4x2 Gotta get lower wanna Scape haha

jon

Stupid question.... do they make drop beams for the 1st gen 4x4? And don't say the 2wd ones will work.

Tim

Skruba... do you have any pictures?

i will work on getting some pics man gotta finish up the rear end with the clear tails then i will picture it any yall from michigan

ibeams on a 4x4 i think not

becasue the driver side is not a ibeam it is replaced with a differential and it can be drop to a some what 4x2 with taking out the DIFF and putting in ibeams tie off the transfer case and just make sure u never press the 4x4 button or the transfer case will run with no friction and will burn up ur tranny ill u don't want that

Jon

Back