• Register Today It's free!

lowering a 98 sport

bmueller

Reaction score
City, State
Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport
I am interested in lowering my 98 sport, similar to Jornum1's. I DO have rear sag on mine, so I guess I'll just be doing whatever is necessary to the front.

Jornum1, did you do anything to the rear of your sport also? or just the front 1 3/8's.

mycarside.jpg

If i get the lowering kit, I will also be buying the xpec edelbrock's for lowered explorers.
I have 16's with michelin 255/70/R16's..Will these rub any on the front after the lowering is done?
I can't afford new rims/tires for a little while...any information you guys can give me about lowering my explorer is greatly appreciated.

Brandon Mueller

Yes I lowered the front and back. I havent had too much problem with sag. Nothing rubs so I am not that concerned about it. Without the eldebrock shocks my stock tires (same size as yours) rubbed alot in the front everytime I hit a big bump. With the shocks they rubbed only on extremly big pot holes. Not very bad just a quick little scratch. Now with my new rims and tires which are far less bouncy, they dont rub at all. I am sure if you got the pirellis you would have no problem with rubbing. If you have any other questions let me know. Good luck with your project.
Jason

Back