• Register Today It's free!

lowering the 2nd gen 4x4

all_black_x

Reaction score
City, State
spring tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 sport
i have a 96 sport 4x4 that i want to lower at least 4in in the front and rear. i heard you cant do more than 2in for the 4x4.

going to have blocks in the back n torsion twist in the front with lower shocks n bumpers.

also the front drive shaft for the 4x4 is taken out.

anyone tell me if i can make it happen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is with flipped front keys, and 3" blocks....

IMG00139-20110428-1410.jpg

IMG00140-20110428-1411.jpg

nice ride!!

thats what i want. did you get lower shocks or anything else for the front?

dude i love that explorer! Those are mustang rims correct? They look damn good on there, I'm gonna keep that in mind now!

all_black_x ----

I had to hack the sh*t out of the bumpstops... I ran regular Monroe shocks, but I think I'm going to end up popping on Rancho RS5000's. My buddy had them on his dropped Ranger and they ran pretty smooth.

TallZac ---- Yeah, the wheels came off a 98 Mustang GT. I ran 235/55/17's off of a G35 sedan, but to get the correct speed on the speedometer(I am currently 5mph off), you should run somewhere around a 235/65/17. Thanks for the compliment as well! I worked pretty hard to get it this far and I have an absolute ton of plans going into the future.

Sorry so late on my responses, I've been a little preoccupied with life and it's contents. I manage 6 overgrown 8 year olds in 40 year old bodies....

IMG00156-20110505-1831.jpg

Back