• Register Today It's free!

lund moon visor?

ksaldibar

Reaction score
City, State
Staten Island (part of NYC) , New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT and '99 EB
has anyone purchased a lund moon visor for their explorer? ( i mean the one with the lights) i was wondering what color it was when it was received, because i have a black explorer and was wondering whether or not it would have to be painted if i bought one. also i was wondering what price you paid. i see them for about $200. thanx for ne help.

-ken

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I saw one on a Willow Green Explorer. Some car parts stores offer free paint matching and painting with purchase. My guess is it comes primed and ready to be painted...

ksaldibar
Just thought I would give you my .2 cents worth.
I have a lund visor on my Aerostar and I don't like it. When it is windy out you can really hear the wind blow thru and even if it isn't windy you hear a little hummmmmm sound.
When I got mine it they are not painted you need to paint them. I don't remember the color off hand, but we have gotten them white and black before.
Hope this will help you out.

i have a lund sun visior on my X. when i got it it came black but a very dull black, i would suggest painting it.

I had a Lund Visor on my '92 (came with it when I bought it) and I loved the look, but hated the buffeting and wind noise it created at road speed. They usually come gel coated grey or black and require painting. I didn't get one for my new X

Lund Visor

We have a lighted one on our Chevy and Perry is right...when its windy you really hear it howl. Sometimes when its not you can hear it if your going fast enough. It came ready to paint in a dull gray color. We had it painted White for $100.00. The visor cost me $175.00 through JC Whitney.

hey guys, thanx for the info. it really helped. i'mm gonna discuss it with ma dad cause he's the one thats gonna pay if we get one.

-ken

Back