• Register Today It's free!

Mac headers

EDFORD8

Reaction score
City, State
Coalport, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 V8 Mountaineer
Has anyone ever tried to use MACS gt40p headers for a mustang in a v8 explorer....just wondering if theres room for them i know the exhaust wont bolt up to then but thats not a problen just wonder if theres room for he headers themselves.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone ever tried to use MACS gt40p headers for a mustang in a v8 explorer....just wondering if theres room for them i know the exhaust wont bolt up to then but thats not a problen just wonder if theres room for he headers themselves.

Would be news to me. I've never heard of anything but Torque Monster or Ford Racing being used on a 5.0 'Sploder.

Im just wondering if thee headers that are made for a mustang with gt40p heads swapped on to it will fit into the explorer...i know theyll bolt up but is there going to be any room for them.....thats the part im wondering about

Im just wondering if thee headers that are made for a mustang with gt40p heads swapped on to it will fit into the explorer...i know theyll bolt up but is there going to be any room for them.....thats the part im wondering about

If they would work, I`m sure someone on this site would have done it before. The site`s been in existence for over a decade and I`ve been here for over half of that.

Never seen this mod done before. Feel free to be our guinea pig. :D

Yeah, buy a pair and try it.

Theirs a reason that TMH's for the explorer look like spaghetti, and its not because a 5.0 explorer has an abundance of room under the hood.

spaghetti? noooooooooooooo!

IMG_0463_Medium_1.jpg

IMG_0464_Medium_1.jpg

more like a plumbing nightmare! :eek:

Back