• Register Today It's free!

major 4wd problems

96 sportstick

Reaction score
City, State
dix hills ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
96sport
hey guys i got a 4wd problem, we got snow today and i tried it one last time and i think i made it worse. before today i had the lights on the dash coming on and now they just flash, about a month? ago it woked and i flipped the switch off and went on my way to school and all of a sudden there was a noise as if something was dragging the ground. i was thinking i either blew up the transfer case or the front differential. but the dash lights still worked for the 4wd and 4wd low.. it would even go into the 4wd low gearing. now i have the lights flashing on the dash and now my power door locks and windows dont work...idk if they share a fuse or not...any ideas i need some help over here

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look in the cars manual. It will have a picture of all the fuses in your distribution box in the engine bay. I would staart there.

yes they do share a fuse actually. I flew my interior lights one time being retarded and my windows and door locks wouldn't work. I believe it's like 25 or something. Anyway...the flashing lights are a code. count how many times. probably six which means speed sensor.

-Drew

thanks i jus baught the fuse n i hope that fixes the windows but i still dont know whats making my 4wd not work. as i sed before i heard a bad grinding noise as if something was dragging the road and havnt had 4wd since, it goes into low gearing for the 4wd low but the front tires dontmove so im still lost...any ideas

Sounds like you blew the transfer case or front diffy.

Back