• Register Today It's free!

Making the domestic jump

banxwondar

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Clara
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Greetings! We have not actually purchased our explorer just yet( doing so in July) due to some traveling that will be taking part between now and July. I have only owned German cars all my life as that is how my dad liked it. He always claimed that Germans new what they were doing..and we're Filipino!!

Anyways, was wondering if you guys new anything about the 2014 Explorer and if it would be wise to wait for that instead? The wife and I test drove the 2013 Sport and was very impressed. Look forward to learning from you all, and hopefully contributing to the community in the future! Cheers!

Hi, its nice to see a fellow Filipino from the bay area getting into a ford! I've owned everything from American, Japanese and German made rides, and believe me, the most trouble free rides I've owned are my fords and my jeep! So if you're worried about reliability, the Americans have really stepped up their game in that department. I've heard nightmare stories about the ford mft, but I've also heard that the bugs are being worked out of them. I've checked out the new explorer and we loved it, id be going strong to the hoop for one if we already didn't have our sport trac, wrangler jk and Subaru wagon. Personally, would wait for the next 14 if you can, but the 13 sports are pretty bad ass.

Back