Many codes after transfer case wobbles lose | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Many codes after transfer case wobbles lose

Slotz00

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer XLT
Ok here is a fun one.

98 Explorer that I replaced the tranny on. Was a hell of a job but I got it done. All was running fine till apparently I forgot to torq the transfer case bolts and they loosened up and created a hell of a shimmy. I limped it home shimmy and all and there she sat for the past year. So I got it to a friend with a lift and he buttoned everything up but she is still running in limp mode. There are many ODBC codes as well. We have checked what we could get to for external connections but have not dropped the pan.

Codes include:
P1747 Electronic Pressure Control Solenoid - Short circuit

P0743 Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) Solenoid Circuit Electrical
p0750 Shift sol A Fault
p0755 Shift sol B Fault
p0760 Shift sol C Fault
p0765 Shift sol D Fault

P1451 EVAP Control System Canister Vent Solenoid Circuit Malfunction

P0135 o2 Heater Circuit S11
p0141 o2 Heater Circuit S12
p0155 o2 Heater Circuit S21
P0161 o2 Heater Circuit S22

Fun huh? What I'm hoping that there are just some connectors that loosened during the wobble drive and someone can point me to the best guess as to what to look for. The o2 sensor codes really point to something on the outside of the tranny but I am nooo mechanic by any means.

Looking for thought and suggestions please as I am trying to get this girl going for my son's first car.

Thanks,
Scott

Check fuse #13

So the guy looking at it found a fuse causing the issues with all the tranny and 02 codes. Said not 13 but he didn't recall which. I will try to find out which and post it. Thanks for the assistance.

Back