March 17th 2001 trail ride to GWNF | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

March 17th 2001 trail ride to GWNF

new list

SteveVB_______'91 Navajo___lifted, larger tires 100%
donkey boy____'97 XLT_____locker, larger tires 100%
MtnDog________'00 XLT_____larger tires 100%
Paul N._________'87 Ranger__larger tires 100%
yob_yeknom____'95 XLT____larger tires 99%
Frisckey1_______'95 Sport___stock 75%
coloradobound__'94 XLT_____larger tires 50%
RU MAN_________'91 XLT_____?? 50%
Big T___________'93 EB______?? 50%
Weatherman____'91 ???_____??? almost sure
RU MAN's friend__'?? Ranger__????

Getting close!! Right now we have 10, possibly 11. Looking good!

BTW, if I got anybody's vehicle specs wrong just change them. I tried to guess from reading signatures, registry entries, and previous posts. I had to change mine because I won't be able to afford to have it lifted in time. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Please Update

Thanks for updating the list, could everyone update by next Friday eve so we know who to wait for at McDormans.

Anyone not on the list but who want s to come dont be shy!!, should be a good time.

Directions to the meeting point.

From 81Nor S take Harrisonburg Rt 33 W exit.

follow 33 W through town(watch the signs carefully in town it makes a detour around a church at the center of town)
about 10-12 miles on your left will be McDormans store. Its got gas pumps(the only one on the left side that does)

See you soon.

Still a go for me. Soccer practice is starting for the kids, but since this is a prior commitment and I'm bringing one of with me, I'm not worrying about it!

Weather has been good and I think the temperature is supposed to stay pretty nice - should be a good run. Lookin' forward to gettin' the truck dirty...

RU MAN

So when and where do you wanna meet for the trip up there?

i just e-mail you.

JayR_______92 Xplr Sport_____w/ 33's 85%
yob_yeknom____'95 XLT____larger tires 99%
RU MAN_________'91 XLT_____?? 50%
Big T___________'93 EB______?? 50%

Hey I said i would go back in january and i almost forgot about this run. So are we running second mountain and old long run road or peters mill??? I have a motocross race on sunday so im not possitive yet. But i might..

Forgot???How could you!

You forgot- how? Brian (RU MAN) has been a one man marketing operation- I see him mention it on most of his posts. Thanks Brian - hopefully some others will join us.

Jay we are going to run in and out of Kephart Run, and then go up Second Mtn road and down Old Long Run. A few of us have run up Old long run a couple of times - so I thought to keep everyones interest we would run the reverse of what has been done before on old long run. If we get more than 10 trucks I may skip Kephart - but most likely we will go as outlined.

Oh yea, EVERYONE BRING A LUNCH TO EAT ON THE TRAIL.

Also anyone leaving from the DC area let me know. Ill be going down 270-495-66-81.

Yea i ran up old long ruin road and then out second mountain once. The lower part of old long run is neat. Im leaving from annapolis But im not sure im going yet. but i hope to. later

sorry fellas my friends b-day party come up and i cant go but i will be on the look out for the next trip you plan

newer list (bump)

yob_yeknom____'95 XLT____larger tires 100%
RU MAN_________'91 XLT_____?? 100%
JayR___________'92 Sport____larger tires 85%

I will be e-mailing everyone on this list who is not 100% sure to get updates.

Sorry but i can't go, i need to do my nails this weekend, and my hair just looks too bad for me to be going wheelin.haha I'm still going, and i will beable to tell you if my friend is goin Weds or Thurs. By the way he has a 97 ranger(i think) with 32" Ko's and his name is Scott. My girl is still coming, and she can't wait to get up there and do some wheelin. lata ya'll.

Okay guys, got a question for you: any J**pers invited to tag along? Another guy off this board has e-mailed me and is wondering if his J**per friend could come also. Like I said to him, there'd be plenty of Explorers to pull him out everytime he got stuck. ;)

Also, what kind of stuff are we expecting to go through? Mud, rocks, water, snow, etc...

BTW, my new BFG AT KO 31x10.50's are going on in the morning!! :D

John i just e-mailed you.

BTW, i don't care who comes, or what they drive. But someone might.

just wanted to know if it's an all Ford thing or not before i email the guy back
I'll leave it up to Steve to make the final decision

Jeeps? Nah

John,

Id like to just keep it to the Explorer/Ranger family. Nothing against Jeeps(i have more than a few Jeep parts in my garage) but I ride with Jeeps frequently so I want a change of pace. If we had only one or two going Id say no problem, but it looks like we have at least 6 or more.

Steve i agree, lets keep it in the family. I also wheel with many many jeeps, ussually im the only non jeep. You wheel with OCC right?? I wheel with www.marylandmudbugs.com. So anyone comming from md i could follow down or anything.? Ive been there befor but i was following the clan. Ok im outa here. O and anyone who doesnt know, the trail is a steady incline/decline and more rocks than i was used to, peters mill(which we are not runing) with rattle your car to death.

Jay,

do you go around the DC beltway to get down to Harrisonburg. If you do I can neet you there or on 66 at the first rest stop if you want. Im comming down rt 270s to rt 495(beltway) to rt 66w. Let me know if you want to follow me down. Anyone else?

Everyone ,

Weather looks good - part sun in the low 50's, should be some mud since it has rained a couple of days this week.

Bring a lunch, and a CB if you have one. 10 am at Mc Dormans. Anyone not clear on the directions e mail me(or post ) .
Ill check back on friday evening to see who to expect at the meeting point..

Damn. Not gonna be able to go this trip. Money matters and college stuff. Post some pics of this run if you can. Wish I could've gone. Laterz.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Me and Brian (RU MAN) and his friend with a Ranger will be there. We'll be leaving Friday night and staying the night nearby in some hotel. We're NOT morning people.
If any changes in plans are made, please make them before 4pm Friday evening. We will have already left by then and won't have access to any computer to read about them.

BTW, the new tires are GREAT!!

Back