Mass air meter | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mass air meter

John Donoghue

Reaction score
I have a 1993 4-door eddie bauer 4.0 v6. I noticed some people have put different mass air meters on their explorers and i was curious if i could put a meter off of a 88 mustang 5.0 on my truck. I know it is larger than the one i have. has anyone done this before? also does anyone know hao many pound injectors my stock 93eb has? can I calibrate this meter to fit my truck? One reason I want to do this conversion is so I can put a K&N cone filter on without paying for a KKM system. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it!

Thanks
Randy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Randy,
you can get a K&N fuel injection kit for a 95-99 explorer to fit yours, i have a 91 sport and the only mod you have to make is moving the power distribution box I strapped mine to the side of my battery for now, until i get a chance to make a permanant home for it. I paid $175 for mine, but hey I was just lettin ya know it would work.

Tony 91 Sport

I don't think the Mustang TB has the same bolt pattern as the 4.0. As far as injector size, the 4.0 uses 19lb injectors. Same as the 5.0.

Gloria
93 EB Explorer (highly modified)
94 F150 Lightning

Hello, Gloria

Are you saying that If the bolt pattern fits then it will work ?

I compared the bolt pattern for the electrical sensor adn they appear the same. I am going to attatch the electrical componets the to the meter off of the 88 mustang (and remove the neg to the battery for a few min's so the computer can learn the new airflow) and run the car if it runs good I will buy the K&N filter that will fit on the new meter (conical filter). The only problem that I can see coming up is that I may have to rig up some flex tubing to the meter so it can make the turn providing the space for the size of the new filter. Otherwise the power dist.box will be in the way! Does this sound like a worthwile plan? will I recieve more HP or milage from the new mass air meter?Thanks for any suggestions.

Randy

Back