Max tire size, 255's 75 17 will they rub??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Max tire size, 255's 75 17 will they rub???

Hi all, anyone know if a 255 75 r17 bf goodrich mud terrain KM will fit on a no lift 2003 limited ex??? thanks,

I've searched and all but the options listed are for 31.6 inch tires 265 70 r17 or whatever, and the ones I'm looking at are 32.06 inches...

Thanks a lot.. heres the link to the rubbers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LT-25...127199002r3290

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any thoughts on this??

back up for thoughts

back up for opinions

Has anyone seen these on an ex before with no lift??? I'd like to tough these tires out till I get a RB lift or coils next year.

they should fit with minor rubbing on stock suspension. :thumbsup:

On which part would it rub??

Think that with a couple of straps to pull back the plastic, it would stop rubbing??

Would that be rubbing in the front on compression while turning or more in the back (axle seems close to the the body cladding etc.)

Thanks a lot, they've got some 255 75 17's on fleebay for 340$ plus shipping, even with the gasoline to go get them at the border, that's still about 700 bucks cheaper than buying them here in lovely Quebec Canada, you'd think they are selling diamond studded tires with these prices we have here...:rolleyes:

On which part would it rub??

Think that with a couple of straps to pull back the plastic, it would stop rubbing??

Would that be rubbing in the front on compression while turning or more in the back (axle seems close to the the body cladding etc.)

Thanks a lot, they've got some 255 75 17's on fleebay for 340$ plus shipping, even with the gasoline to go get them at the border, that's still about 700 bucks cheaper than buying them here in lovely Quebec Canada, you'd think they are selling diamond studded tires with these prices we have here...:rolleyes:

yea tie straps would only help:thumbsup:

i think you would clear the rear well...you may have to take off running boards if you have them but you should be fine there

that tires your looking at are around $93 on tirerack.com if im not mistaken

see how much itd be shipped to canada

I'm thinking of something similar did you think of 255 65 17s?
3rd Gen
Not much change in size?

I have an 06 Limited and have a slight rub on the front wheel well with 265/70r17 Nitto Grapplers if that helps.....

News shoes for ma boy!!

Just got some Dayton Timberline Mt's 265 70 r17 installed I got them for 700$ CAD apparently they are the same as the Firestone Destination Mt's. No rubbing at all though I was pretty worried when they were installing them, they are huge!! They dwarf the old 245 65 r17's michelin ltx. They were real easy to balance as well, 1-1/2 ounces or less per tire and real nice on the highway too.

Back