MFT Guide App Update

HDJulie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Little Rock, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer Platinum
There is an update for the MFT Guide app that says the outside temperature was added to the clock. How do I get that in my car :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Coming in 3rd quarter update....

Is there a thread with any other specifics yet?

There is an update for the MFT Guide app that says the outside temperature was added to the clock. How do I get that in my car :)

Is there a thread with any other specifics yet?

Hi, HDJulie!

We're working on an update to bring it back as a configurable option. No ETA for when it'll be released. I'll post more info once I receive it. :D

Rebecca

Hi, HDJulie!

We're working on an update to bring it back as a configurable option. No ETA for when it'll be released. I'll post more info once I receive it. :D

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

I noticed Ford updated their MFT App which now shows the outside temperature next to the clock and temperature setting as well.

Hi Rebecca,

I noticed Ford updated their MFT App which now shows the outside temperature next to the clock and temperature setting as well.

Hey, boltsfan17!

We're working on an update to get it back on MFT. :biggthump

Rebecca

Hey, boltsfan17!

We're working on an update to get it back on MFT. :biggthump

Rebecca

PLEASE make it a set-up option.... it is a 50/50 split as to whether they want it back or not.....

IMG_2202.png

On a side note, RonJrSVCMGR, did you get my PM?

I have not looked. Is it there now, cnsheets?

Thats from the MFT app that was just updated, so I imagine thats the functionality planned for the update to allow for the outside temp to be selectable to users.

It will be.

Thanks for posting the pic, cnsheets!

It should be in the app, RonJrSVCMGR. :)

Rebecca

I saw it in the app, I thought maybe I would already have the update. Just checked, not there....

I saw it in the app, I thought maybe I would already have the update. Just checked, not there....

We haven't released the update yet. I don't have an ETA for when it'll be completed. I'll let everyone know once it's available.

Rebecca

I must be a luddite. What is this MFT app you all speak of and what does it do?

In the Apple App Store there's an app called MFT Guide by Ford. It basically gives you the ability to go through all the MFT menus and options as if you were sitting in front of it. I'm not sure of its purpose, maybe it was to give people an idea of how the new update would be prior to it coming out? Maybe it's to allow people to try MFT before purchasing a vehicle that would be equipped with it?

The description:

"MyFord Touch Guide app emulates the actual user experience of the newly updated MyFord Touch (V3.0.2). Interacting and getting familiar on this app, as an alternative to using the system itself, provides a safe, informative way to discover and learn the basics of the touchscreen and overall system's benefits."

It has a help mode that explains functionality as you go through the screens, as well as a normal mode to just go through the screens by yourself.

In the Apple App Store there's an app called MFT Guide by Ford. It basically gives you the ability to go through all the MFT menus and options as if you were sitting in front of it. I'm not sure of its purpose, maybe it was to give people an idea of how the new update would be prior to it coming out? Maybe it's to allow people to try MFT before purchasing a vehicle that would be equipped with it?

The description:

"MyFord Touch Guide app emulates the actual user experience of the newly updated MyFord Touch (V3.0.2). Interacting and getting familiar on this app, as an alternative to using the system itself, provides a safe, informative way to discover and learn the basics of the touchscreen and overall system's benefits."

It has a help mode that explains functionality as you go through the screens, as well as a normal mode to just go through the screens by yourself.

The MFT App is good for people in sales at Ford dealerships to educate new or potential buyers on how MFT works. It's good for consumers as well who are learning to use MFT.

I wish Ford would have an APP similar to GMs OnStar APP, that would allow users to Lock/Unlock from anywhere, Remote Start if you're out of key fob range, etc.

Anyone know if there are plans for this in the future?

In the Apple App Store there's an app called MFT Guide by Ford. It basically gives you the ability to go through all the MFT menus and options as if you were sitting in front of it. I'm not sure of its purpose, maybe it was to give people an idea of how the new update would be prior to it coming out? Maybe it's to allow people to try MFT before purchasing a vehicle that would be equipped with it? ...

You can download the app from the Google Play Store. Like boltsfan17 said, it's mainly used for dealers to show new customers how the system works, and customers are also able to download it to learn more about MFT. You're both already pros at MFT, so you don't need it! ;)

I wish Ford would have an APP similar to GMs OnStar APP, that would allow users to Lock/Unlock from anywhere, Remote Start if you're out of key fob range, etc.

Anyone know if there are plans for this in the future?

This is a great idea for FordSocial, KanewtZ! You should post it under Your Ideas:

www.Social.Ford.com

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back