MFT reboot option (w/out fuse 29 or battery) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT reboot option (w/out fuse 29 or battery)

Speaking of Updates

How come the fuel search does not include E85 ? Kinda hard to even find e85 here , let alone prices !

I know there's an iPhone app but geeze this thing burns E85 you'd think it would know where to find its own dinner !-)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How come the fuel search does not include E85 ? Kinda hard to even find e85 here , let alone prices !

I know there's an iPhone app but geeze this thing burns E85 you'd think it would know where to find its own dinner !-)

I thought the explorer did not burn E85, is there a Flex Fuel option available for it?

I thought the explorer did not burn E85, is there a Flex Fuel option available for it?

LOL, yeah there is depending on which state you bought your Explorer in. The Gray Ghost is flex fuel (not that a drop of that junk will ever make it into the tank ;)) There is an older thread around here somewhere that talked about it in depth. Seems that states with California emissions don't get the flex fuel engine.

You should check with SiriusXM on that one (888-539-7474). They make those decisions. ;)

Rebecca

Thank god I don't have to use that stuff.

By the way, did you ever think your Ex might not like E85 for dinner?

Didn't work on a 2013 Explorer

Hi Rebecca,

I have attempted this procedure with no success on a 2013 Explorer. Insertion of the flash drive does nothing. No completion dialogue, no reboot after starting the car back up. I followed the instructions precisely. There is nothing else on the flash drive. Has anyone else had this occur on a 2013?

Where do I go to find the fuse to do a fuse pull? So need a reboot button!

I have been seeing a lot of users asking for a different method to reboot their system instead of a fuse pull. I have since checked into the above solution and was told that this will work for you as a reboot.

Here is the link to the SIRIUS Voice Command Update File:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?sr=y&msg=3904.1&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb

Please follow the instructions listed on the forum thread and the Read Me file. Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca

Try this. I posted this on another thread. Don't know if it's the same app or not but it works when you follow the instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esandye View Post
Is it just me or would it make a lot of sense to have a "reboot" option in MFT that would not require a fuse pull or battery cable disconnect. The Master Reset does not seem to be the same operation as the power disconnect. I would think a reboot would start the "performing maintenance" screen. I would love to do that now since my radio presets quit working properly. Master reset didn't cure it but battery cable disconect (which starts the performing maintenance sceen) has fixed it in the past. What do you all think?

I agree! Ford should have a reboot button. Sure would make things easier.

Somewhere on this forum is a link to a site where you can download a reboot app. I've been using it for about a year. I keep the flash drive and instructions in the glove box. You never know when you'll need it.

OK. Here's the link. Scroll down to "MFT acting up?" Love this app!
http://outofmytouch.com/

Hi Rebecca,

I have attempted this procedure with no success on a 2013 Explorer. Insertion of the flash drive does nothing. No completion dialogue, no reboot after starting the car back up. I followed the instructions precisely. There is nothing else on the flash drive. Has anyone else had this occur on a 2013?

Where do I go to find the fuse to do a fuse pull? So need a reboot button!

Go to http://outofmytouch.com/ and under the heading "MFT Acting UP?" there is a link to download a delayed reboot file. Download it to a flash drive and follow the directions. This app is the same as the Sirius voice command fix, but the authors stripped the voice command fix out - leaving the reboot app.

Note that I've had problems where it doesn't automatically install the reboot app when you insert the USB stick. In that case you need to force it to install manually. There's an option somewhere in the MFT menus labelled "install updates" or "install software" or something of that nature. I will look when I get to my car tonight. It's somewhere either in the settings or the Sync services menus.

That will install the delayed reboot file. Once you turn off your car, it will reboot. Note that you might not see it rebooting if you just leave your car off. To see it reboot, install the app, turn off the car, wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on. You should see the familiar reboot screen.

Just figured out the exact directions for forcing the install:

Go to the "i" button on the bottom of the screen, press "Applications" and then there is an install new option. Press that. The reboot file should load.

It worked in my 2013 Explorer!

Thank you very much! It worked great. One problem I think I had with the prior attempt was that when I unzipped the download, it creates a folder and has the file inside. The update won't work when it's inside the folder after it's unzippped. When I moved the files to the root (out of the folder), it worked!

So many thanks!

Go to http://outofmytouch.com/ and under the heading "MFT Acting UP?" there is a link to download a delayed reboot file. Download it to a flash drive and follow the directions. This app is the same as the Sirius voice command fix, but the authors stripped the voice command fix out - leaving the reboot app.

Thank you very much! It worked great. One problem I think I had with the prior attempt was that when I unzipped the download, it creates a folder and has the file inside. The update won't work when it's inside the folder after it's unzippped. When I moved the files to the root (out of the folder), it worked!

So many thanks!

Glad it worked for you, mwhdvm!

Thanks for helping mwhdvm for me, jrmexplorer and GWA1 :)

Rebecca

just did my first rebbot and it fixed my bluetooth issue

How do you reboot if your screen is blank?
Welcome to the Forum, Craneop2012. :wavey:
You can try the old fuse #29 pull if you think you can get at it. Fuse #29 is for the MFT (radio, 8" SYNC Multi-function display scree, SYNC module, and GPS module. If the screen remains blank you will likely require a new APIM module. Your dealer should be able to verify that.
Good luck.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum, Craneop2012. :wavey:
You can try the old fuse #29 pull if you think you can get at it. Fuse #29 is for the MFT (radio, 8" SYNC Multi-function display scree, SYNC module, and GPS module. If the screen remains blank you will likely require a new APIM module. Your dealer should be able to verify that.
Good luck.

Peter

Thanks for the feedback Peter. I've tried everything this thread suggested and nothing has worked. I guess I'm headed to the dealer.

Back