MFT SD and USB ports stopped working 2 days after update | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT SD and USB ports stopped working 2 days after update

cmg540

Reaction score
City, State
Erie, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 XLT
I performed the update on 9/13 and everything installed without any issues. The new update worked great until yesterday 9/16, then I lost my SD card slot (no NAV just music). I tried another known good sd card and same result, I tried to upload wallpaper, but it would not see any device. I performed a factory reset through the touch screen and no luck. I have tried several SD cards, and USB drives with no luck.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Visit to the dealer would be my opinion.It might not be the software update causing this to occur.

Just got back from the dealer and it was a loose connection between the APIM and the Media Hub. Glad to have my tunes back.

Just got back from the dealer and it was a loose connection between the APIM and the Media Hub. Glad to have my tunes back.

Glad they were able to find the problem and fix it :)

:thumbsup:Glad to hear you were taken care of! Nothing like cruising with your favorite tunes.;)

I am SO glad, cmg540! I really didn't want to sing to you. ;)

Rebecca

Back