SD and USB | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SD and USB

ptholler

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Ltd
We just took delivery of a 2014 Explorer limited. While we love the drive and comfort we are greatly disappointed in the IVT. The manuals, brochure, and web information all state that there are A/V inputs and still do to this day (just looked at the ford website).

Oh well.

My current issue is that the USB reader doesn't read and the SD card only finds some of the music (aac files, but not mp3 or wma) and when it says that it is playing there is no sound.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a couple threads on this, unfortunately the updated Owners Manual didn't get the SYNC Media Center updated information that A/V inputs are gone and only a 3.5mm Stereo Audio port is there now.

IVT advised us a few months back that the decision was made to delete the front RCA connections for audio and video because their customer feedback was that no one used them. I don't buy that but that's the feedback we got.

To play video on the My Ford Touch screen now you need an aftermarket product like "LockPick" or similar.

GM has had the rear seat entertainment system integrated with the front navigation system for years so this setup is very poor.

Here is the link for Lockpick.

http://www.coastaletech.com/mytouch2.htm

I had bad experience with these guys, product arrived broken, didnt answer their phones or email for after sales support. Others have had good success with them.

We just took delivery of a 2014 Explorer limited. While we love the drive and comfort we are greatly disappointed in the IVT. The manuals, brochure, and web information all state that there are A/V inputs and still do to this day (just looked at the ford website).

Oh well.

My current issue is that the USB reader doesn't read and the SD card only finds some of the music (aac files, but not mp3 or wma) and when it says that it is playing there is no sound.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

Welcome and congrats, ptholler!

Like Sgt1411 said, we've reported the incorrect information in the Owner's Manual. There will probably be another printing when it's corrected.

As far as your USB and SD concerns, what device/s are you plugging in to the USB, and is your SD card formatted to FAT32?

Rebecca

ive used an "iphone to rca" cable from ebay to play videos from my iphone on the screen, it works good but only when in park, i think lock pick lets you play video when driving. I never use it though, i understand why they eliminated it....

would be cool if you could play youtube vids on there.

Back