Michelin LTX M/S max psi? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Michelin LTX M/S max psi?

Hello to all!

I just had a set of Michelin LTX M/S put on my X. On the tire, it states that the max psi is 35. Well, that's a new one to me. My question is, what is the safe pressure to have in these tires? On my old set, (Dueler Revos) I was running a 40 psi, and those had the more traditional max psi of 44.

Thanks in advance,

Ted

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If it states, right on the tire, max 35 psi. Then that's it.

I'm running Michelin LTX M/S, and I keep mine at 35.

How do those tires ride and are they any good off-road? We started selling them at work a few months ago just curious.

Hello to all!

I just had a set of Michelin LTX M/S put on my X. On the tire, it states that the max psi is 35. Well, that's a new one to me. My question is, what is the safe pressure to have in these tires? On my old set, (Dueler Revos) I was running a 40 psi, and those had the more traditional max psi of 44.

Thanks in advance,

Ted

Your dueler Revo's were probably a XL tire (extra load)

Your Michelins do have a Max PSI of 35 unless you got the LT version, which you didn't....Run them at 35psi and don't look back

Thanks for all of the responses, 35 it is!
I had been keeping them at 31.5, 90% of max psi.

How do those tires ride and are they any good off-road?
They are a very good "general purpose" tire. They don't beat you to death, with a rough ride, yet are aggresive enough to tear into the snow. I don't do any off roading, so I really couldn't vouch for them on the trail. But on the street...they definately get my seal of approval.

I had great luck with my LTX's and would run 30psi all the way around an would put 35psi in the rears if I was hauling or had the X loaded. They were great tires :salute:

Mich LTX M/S

I am on my second set of LTX M/S's. I can't say enough good things about them. I've always run mine at the recomended PSI and I got just over 80,000 out of my first set. I've got about 60,000 on my second and they are still looking good. I mostly stay on the pavement but they have done pretty well in snow, ice and dirt roads. They do OK in the mud but I wouldn't go in too deep.

On a side note, I did have a side wall bubble on one tire, but Michelin replaced it under warrenty at no charge :).

I'm on the third set of LTX M/S...and my second set of the LT versions with a max of 50 psi. You'll probably want to find the pressure that works best for you, somewhere between 30 and 35. Usually 35 is too harsh depending on what shocks you have, and 32-33 might make a difference. Keep them properly inflated, keep the alignment in check and always be sure the bushings/shocks are good, and they will last a loooooong time.

As for off-road, my original set of stock size P-series LTX M/S, with half tread, pulled my X out of a mud pit made by yahoos with 44-inch muds, after I thought for sure it was stuck when the front diff got hung up. Put it in 4WD, backed up, pointed it towards the dry bank, and crawled up the steep slope. The tires never slipped. I've only put LTX M/S on it ever since. Work killer in snow, too.

Back