Miko Suede seats, questions? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Miko Suede seats, questions?

Truckguy7

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
Still looking at a new Explorer, and I see for 2016 there is not an option
for heated cloth seats. It looks like the 2015 XLT with appearance pkg.
was the only option for heated seats besides leather.
My wife does not want leather at all, but wants heated.

So wondering how the Miko Suede insert is for breathing, and getting
hot and sticky in summer. I understand the Suede is a synthetic, but is it like
plastic imitation leather or more like cloth ?

I did a dealer search, and it seems hard to find the appearance pkg. in the
XLT on dealers lots, mostly 202B with leather.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not familiar with that seat finish treatment however there is always an alternative. I have leather seats but ended up getting these "Coverking Spacer Mesh Seat Covers" for winter usage and protection.

They are breathable (heated seats work perfectly), side airbag compatible and the actual look, feel, fit & finish is very nice. I have only used them for winter thus far so I can't vouch for Summer usage.

The Taupe/Black color combo matches the interior cream leather / black dash perfectly.

Coverking Spacer Mesh Seat Covers

2527_1_lg.jpg

2527_4_lg.jpg

I have a 2015 XLT with the Appearance Package and I love the seats. They also seemed to be a nicer quality than the standard leather ones. The black leather on the seat is stitched together with white stitching and looks really nice. The suede in the middle is gray and does a better job at adapting to the weather. It doesn't get very cold in the winter time and doesn't got hot and sticky in the summer. All in all, I'd say they are the best seats I've had in any modern vehicle I've owned (all of which had leather). At first I didn't think I would like them but once I saw them and sat in them, I immediately knew I'd rather have them over all leather or all cloth.

Here's a picture of what they look like. As to your question regarding what the Mica Suede feels like......It feels exactly like suede =)

2014-12-19-16-34-19_zpszc1q3azk.jpg

Isn't suede just leather turned backwards?

Back