2013 seats question...need help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 seats question...need help

Lightn95

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 PIU
I've found a set of seats in at a JY that are from a '13 Explorer. The seats are leather with the heating and cooling option.the seats are complete EXCEPT for a small "panel or piece" behind the controls for the seat. On the passenger side it is behind the lever to recline the seat. Drivers it is behind the seat controls. Near the back of the seat. The guy at the yard does not know what was there. I've Googled the seats and I can't find it. I have a picture of them but can't upload to the thread.
Anyone have any ideas???

You can upload pictures directly from your device if you have a $20 Elite membership. Otherwise you will have to find a 3rd party picture hosting site and link to it.
Which 'trim' level is the '13 Explorer you found? In this link there are 2 pictures of an XLT's front seats but I don't see any "panel". Ford Explorer Power Seat | eBay

Peter

I think I figured it out. The seats in the the JY look to be from an '11 or '12 Explorer. The seat belts mount to the seats in those and the panel is to access the bolt that secures the actual belt to the seat.
Now I'm unsure if the plugs are the same from '11/'12 to a '13.
Does anyone know if they are?

Back