Miller Jeep trail pics

jobunn

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Clarita, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
Here are some pics from a run up Miller Jeep Trail last weekend. My buddy with his new Disco wanted to get it dirty as he just installed sliders, front and rear diff guards, and a rear trutrac.

So we packed up and brought the girlfriends. I let my girlfriend drive most of the "difficult spots" and she did very well watching the spotter, keeping the truck to a crawl and not freaking out when the tire went up a few feet.

The Disco really hit hard on a few spots (Kabob Hill to name one) but no apparent damage other than a handful of the usual undercarriage scars, with a possible slight rear diff leak.

The trail wasn't too busy, only a few other groups of very well built Jeeps and a crowd of deer hunters on quads as deer season just opened.

(From what I hear one real nice 4x3 buck and a big black bear were taken around the top of Alamo mountain that morning. My turn is coming.)

Overall the trip was uneventful as far as damage went but still lots of fun and beautiful scenery. By buddy with his Disco was very impressed with his rig and wants to go back soon once he gets the front Trutrac installed and an OME spring lift.

Attachments

• off road 1.jpg
    off road 1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 297

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

up the sand hill.

Attachments

• off road 2.jpg
    off road 2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 290

flex on the sand hill

Attachments

• off road 3.jpg
    off road 3.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 276

spotting up Kabob Hill

Attachments

• off road 4.jpg
    off road 4.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 289

Attachments

• off road 5.jpg
    off road 5.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 276

my gf was getting nervous now but she was proud when she made it through.

Attachments

• off road 6.jpg
    off road 6.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 280

Disco air. This was one spot he hit something hard under his car.

Attachments

• off road 7.jpg
    off road 7.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 279

Great pics man, that is really awesome how the guy with the rover actually takes it off road, there is hope after all haha.

Nice pcs, Joe. Looks like fun. Is that trail up by Pyramid Lake?

Damn I miss wheeling! :(

Originally posted by Alec
Damn I miss wheeling! :(

I know you don't want to heat it....
"WE TOLD YOU SO"

Originally posted by ipozestu
I know you don't want to hear it....
"WE TOLD YOU SO"

But we're all gonna say it!:p

Glad to see someone will actually wheel a new LR!!

Originally posted by RangerX
Nice pcs, Joe. Looks like fun. Is that trail up by Pyramid Lake?

Ya Bill its behind Pyramid Lake and the Hungry Valley OHV area. I love it up there cause the trail ends around 7000 feet in the pine trees, a nice escape from the heat below.

Joe,

I noticed you now run BFG KMs. This is a new addition I take it? How do you like their performance on trails like the ones pictured on this thread? That place sure looks like fun. Take care...

-Ken

Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Joe,

I noticed you now run BFG KMs. This is a new addition I take it? How do you like their performance on trails like the ones pictured on this thread? That place sure looks like fun. Take care...

-Ken

Hey Ken,

They perform really well, I can really notice a difference in loose rocks, other than that they are like the AT's, so far.

On road they are louder but I got all four with 95% tread for $300 from a ranger on this site.

How you likin' the Rubicon?

Originally posted by jobunn
How you likin' the Rubicon?
My neck pain from wheeling is gone - this is due to my having a single cab Ranger with no back support. So, no stiff neck after my commute and while 'wheeling all day. The MT/Rs grab very well to provide sure-footed traction - similar to my TSL-SXs I used to run. Only, they are quiet just like an All-Terrain on the street (and no bias-ply quirks either). The transfer shifter on the Rubicon sucks. It won't engage in the different gears properly - the Ranger's manual gear-shifter was superior in this area. Suspension flex isn't there w/the stock setup. All of the flex occurs at the rearend - the front binds due to shocks that are too short, and efficient swaybar links. Plus, because the Rubicon is not lifted, other pickups/SUVs bear down on me on the fwy like I'm some pest.

I plan on lifting the Rubicon 3" at the suspension, and install swaybar disconnects. After the 31" MT/Rs wear out, I'll be purchasing Super Swamper TrXus MTs (33"). This will tame the trail, and give me some decent flex...

-Ken

Back