Mint 1994 Navajo- Keep it stock, modify, or buy another one? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mint 1994 Navajo- Keep it stock, modify, or buy another one?

NavajoMan28

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Navajo LX
11 Explorer
Hey y'all,
Hope everyone is enjoying the no more lockdown wooo wooo.
I have a 94 Navajo 2 door w every thing you could want from factory Dana 35, 8.8 in the rear, 4.10 gears, sea foam green paint, 100k miles and runs mint for the year ive had her. Also just did a cat back muffler swap to give a deeper louder sound.(My exhaust was rusted out)

Im wanting to do a mild prerunner/overland style build.
My questions are should I modify my Navajo with a mid travel kit or keep her all original and find a cheap 1st gen? Also for a prerunner build is a 1st gen or second gen the best way to go? Would it be sac-religious to modify my navajo?

Also fun story- Had an EGR issue, took it to a shop (Been going through a lot lately didn't have time) and they couldn't figure it out. So I put on the big boy pants hit the forum and figured it out in less than a day. It was the DPFE and I bought a modification kit on Amazon and it seemed to do the trick! No check engine and she's not running lean or rich any more.

Thanks guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I’d keep the Navajo mostly uncut, OR I’d go all out, whole hog.

I think some parts for those (grilles?) are becoming increasingly scarce.

I’d keep the Navajo mostly uncut, OR I’d go all out, whole hog.

I think some parts for those (grilles?) are becoming increasingly scarce.
Grills and headlights are looking like they are hard to come by. But it’s ok I believe I could swap over to the regular explorer grill if needed

Grills and headlights are looking like they are hard to come by. But it’s ok I believe I could swap over to the regular explorer grill if needed
I’m sure it’d swap right over.

Only reason to keep it original stock would be if you can find someone who wants to buy a clean stock Navajo for a great-for-you price. Otherwise, start modding!

I'm a purist, but also have several modified vehicles. Personally if I had a well kept original vehicle, I'd leave it that way. They are only original once. The navajos are getting pretty rare. I got one a couple years ago after looking for quite a few years and will leave it the way it is except for some rust repair and paint. The paint is completely shot on mine.

But it's your truck and it should be what you want it to be.

Back