Missing sensor on front lower grille | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Missing sensor on front lower grille

Jcarrillo15

Reaction score
City, State
El Salvador
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello everyone and greetings from El Salvador.

Recently I bought a 17 Explorer XLT on copart with a front end damage and exported to my country. I'm trying to find a three line sensor/module that goes on the lower part on the front bumper/radiator support.

I went to the dealership and they didn't know what kind of sensor is because is not shown on their application (most likely they don't know how to use it)

I'll attach a picture with the position of the missing sensor/module

Thank you in advance

P.d. there are 3 wires (gray - whi/gre - blk/gre)

Screenshot_20220429-155851_Chrome.jpg IMG-20220428-WA0006.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I believe that is the location for the Ambient Air Temperature Sensor. Is the temperature display working and accurate?

Peter

Hello Peter.

I believe that I have the ambient sensor in good conditions. I'm pretty sure I saw the little guy right next to the headlight but Tomorrow I'll be paying a visit to the shop so I can make sure the ambient air temp sensor is working properly.

**update**

I went to the shop and in the screen the ambient air temo sensor is working properly and is present in the car. (See attachment)

One question: Does the Explorer has any kind of electrical air diffuser or curtain between the front bumper and the radiator support?

IMG-20220504-WA0002.jpg

My best guess from the 2018 wiring diagram:
Grill Shutter Actuator
Plug # C1651 (BK)
Pin 1 = Black-Green (Ground) Circuit # GD120
Pin 2 = White-Green (Control) Circuit # VDN06
Pin 3 = Grey (Fuse 3) Circuit # CBK03
Pin 4 = Not Used

You don't really need the Shutters. But the plug is destroyed and pins exposed so I would at least cut and seal the wires.

My best guess from the 2018 wiring diagram:
Grill Shutter Actuator
Plug # C1651 (BK)
Pin 1 = Black-Green (Ground) Circuit # GD120
Pin 2 = White-Green (Control) Circuit # VDN06
Pin 3 = Grey (Fuse 3) Circuit # CBK03
Pin 4 = Not Used

You don't really need the Shutters. But the plug is destroyed and pins exposed so I would at least cut and seal the wires.
Thanks for this. I sealed the wires.

I really appreciate your help!

Back