Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008 | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trail Selection

Maybe it's still a bit too early, but is it worth the effort to attempt to determine who wants to run what trails?

Like I posted earlier, would be fine assisting on most of the "less than Big Dawg" runs, at least on the ones I've been on before (although its been a full eight years since my last trip to Moab).

Based on timing and group preference I'm interested in Poison Spider Mesa, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Fins & Things, Steel Bender, but willing to lead or assist on just about anything...

Paul
'91 Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe it's still a bit too early, but is it worth the effort to attempt to determine who wants to run what trails?

Like I posted earlier, would be fine assisting on most of the "less than Big Dawg" runs, at least on the ones I've been on before (although its been a full eight years since my last trip to Moab).

Based on timing and group preference I'm interested in Poison Spider Mesa, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Fins & Things, Steel Bender, but willing to lead or assist on just about anything...

Paul
'91 Sport
Poison Spider Mesa, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim are all one trail if we run it saturday as the little big dog run. we didnt run that last year and i would sure like to do it this year.:D

Yep

Poison Spider Mesa, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim are all one trail if we run it saturday as the little big dog run. we didnt run that last year and i would sure like to do it this year.:D

Realize they are all connected - - just thought I'd throw it out there to gauge the interest... I'd bypass the Poison Spider Loop and just head to Golden Spike, then to Gold Bar out to Gemini.

I just re-read Gerald's write up prior to Moab 2004 - - WOW, good stuff.

Paul
'91 Sport

:banghead: I am sure going to hate missing this year..... I'd love to run with you guys again - it's been years since I've seen some of you and it looks like this year a bunch of you are going. I still need my official Fakrwee tshirt from Tom; and as for you Paul, it's been way too long :(

~ Not to mention, the rest of you will be sorely missed too :) ~

Ditto.:(

For Jefe and John.:p:

I know there is a group doing Top of the World on Friday and Hells Revenge on Saturday or Sunday. The rest of the trail picks probably won't be final until the morning of in the City Market parking lot.

I know there is a group doing Top of the World on Friday and Hells Revenge on Saturday or Sunday. The rest of the trail picks probably won't be final until the morning of in the City Market parking lot.

hells revenge would be awesome for sunday.:bounce:

Im up for whatever. I wouldnt mind doing golden spike again.

ehem.... hells revenge would be good for saturday ;)

:banghead: I am sure going to hate missing this year..... I'd love to run with you guys again - it's been years since I've seen some of you and it looks like this year a bunch of you are going. I still need my official Fakrwee tshirt from Tom; and as for you Paul, it's been way too long :(

~ Not to mention, the rest of you will be sorely missed too :) ~

Yeah ditto again, this sucks I would give anything to be able to make this run, see some of the guys I haven't seen since who knows when but maybe next year, yall have fun!!! and be safe!

Joey, What rig are you bringing to Moab? Your Explorer sold right?

Yes the "Jellybean" is sold. All of the Fords are out of the picture for sure this trip. I will be traveling in the full size dodge truck thingy.:salute:

ehem.... hells revenge would be good for saturday ;)

Okay, so let's get some input for:

Friday - Top of the World
Saturday - Hell's Revenge
And Sunday we'll leave open for decision at campfire talk. I kinda want to do a trail I haven't done there yet.

Is my punctuation, grammar, and spelling okay? I've had a few beers:D

Sunday = Moab Rim :D

Just ordered the 2nd edition "Guide to Moab, UT Backroads & 4WD Trails" :D

Sunday = Moab Rim :D

Gerald, I rode shotgun on Moab Rim at night last month! That was FUN!

If anyone is is interested in running Pritchet Cannyon on Sunday I know Hvac Man has run it and might be interested in leading, if he isn't I might be able to talk a friend into bringing his early Bronco down for the day and leading the group.

Another trail I'd like to try is Cliffhanger.

Okay, so let's get some input for:

Friday - Top of the World
Saturday - Hell's Revenge
And Sunday we'll leave open for decision at campfire talk. I kinda want to do a trail I haven't done there yet.

This is fine for the big dogs but what about us super stock guys???

Tim

THe Super stocks should be able to do Hell's Revenge and Top of the World. Like I said, Sunday should be left open for campfire talk and decide then.

I am no longer bringing my sport trac :( Instead I am going to drive the tow vehicle for my bro in laws non street legal bronco, because his trailer is a 5th wheel and he is bringing his camper in the bed of his truck. So, needless to say we need to bring 2 full size trucks.

i'll make it out there one year. lol. just have to get my bachelors first

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah ditto again, this sucks I would give anything to be able to make this run, see some of the guys I haven't seen since who knows when but maybe next year, yall have fun!!! and be safe!

Hey, if I can make it out with a broken leg then you can make it out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back