Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008 | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rad. Count me in then. where should I meet up with you guys?

I am staying at Canyonlands. I'll be there Thursday @ noon or so. If you don't catch me there, the morning meets at City Market will work too. It's not a big town, I am sure we'll see each other.:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ayone want to a short trail Thursday? I can leave early Wed and be there by 3 on Thursday.

Chad I got your tire buddy,
I also test drove the Explorer off road yesterday. I should be good to go, mixed up some flexing with some 50 mph washes with some hill climbs and the new rear suspenison ran flawless. I also ran all of my lights and had no electrical issues.

Ayone want to a short trail Thursday? I can leave early Wed and be there by 3 on Thursday.

After a 1200 mile drive, the only trail I am doing Thursday is from my camper to the pool with a 6 pak :chug:

After a 1200 mile drive, the only trail I am doing Thursday is from my camper to the pool with a 6 pack
drinking5.gif

After 1200 miles, whats another 20?

Oh, and you better have a
drink4.gif
waiting for me!

After 1200 miles, whats another 20?

I don't know. We'll have to see. Thursday is supposed to be a short driving day, 2 or 300 miles, but right now my plans are to relax and do nothing by the pool. I haven't had any real veg time in a while, and sometimes you just need to shut off your brain and relax.:smoke:

I have a 1200 mile trip to.. Maybe poolside with some beverages is a good idea..

:D Sounds great Dan. Can't wait to see the new, and improved toy:D

We usually end up rolling into town late in the afternoon(Thursday). Our first stop after setting up camp will be Moab Brewery:D

Ralph and I will be pulling in Thursday miday also to Canyonlands. I like Ricks idea:D:D and like diff whack say's sometimes you just got to vegg. :cool:

Dannyboy are you ready for some tquila. :p:

OK so Moab brewery Thursday evening? Also everyone have a safe trip/drive to Moab.. I am heading out Wed A.M. Probably stop somewhere in Colorado for night, and pull into Moab Thursday afternoon.

Chad

Okay, it's 8:29am and I am already bored at work. Why do I get the feeling that today is going to drag by :(

Man, you just can't seem to get a break with that rearend of yours. Where did you go?

cleghorn run with the DR guys. didn't do anything hard, was on the main road and i started hearing something hittin ghte floor underneath the car. ill snatch some pics

cleghorn run with the DR guys. didn't do anything hard, was on the main road and i started hearing something hittin ghte floor underneath the car. ill snatch some pics

Are you going to have it fixed for Moab?

Im almost set to go! Just need to redo the exhaust on my dodge, dunno wtf is up with it. At about 50mph it vibrates the hell out of the truck. I know its the exhaust because it didnt start happening till i put it on. Just a pain in the %$#!

should have it fixed by thurs :rolleyes:

beams155.jpg

beams153.jpg

I drove the Explorer for the first time since changing out the spring. First off, it barely made it out of the garage:eek: The new spring lifted it enough that the roof scraped the garage door for about 3 feet at the back of the truck.

The ride with the shocks mounted correctly is a bit better, but I was pleased with the way it rode with the screwed up shocks:confused:

While doing a "pre-flight" inspection on the trailer, I found a tire with a huge bulge in the tread. Glad I caught that one before it went "BANG"!

Regarding dinner at Branding Iron. The owner is setting up a special dinner deal for us, which will make things go much faster. He's been trying to fax me with the details, but we're having a hard time getting it to go through. I hate faxes:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is the best week of my life. This weekend I spent with some of my best friends in a cabin in the mountains, I got my 2LT commission tonight, I graduate from the Academy tomorrow, and I get to finish the week in MOAB!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back