Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008 | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo hoo!!:chug: Congrats:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Should be leaving within the next 18 hours!
woohoo.gif

congrats flyboy, I've mentioned it before, this trip is HUGE for me, I've missed the last 4 for various reasons.
I've been driving my truck to work everyday checking all systems and it appears to be running great.

My buddy from CO now has a passenger so that puts 7 in my group with only 6 seats (4 in mine, 2 in the TJ) so will somebody have a spare seat guaranteed?

My buddy Dustin got back from Military Police Duty in Iraq last week, he's in L.A. right now dropping off his truck for Off Road Adventures and then will be joining us in Moab!!! It's so cool he got back when he did, it wasn't supposed to be until July and he is going to make this trip. I submitted an essay to Off Road Adventures and they will be overhaulin his truck for an upcoming episode. They want me to be on the show as well since I set everything up for him!!!

I got a 35" spare MTR on a rim for Chad
and RangerX's SAS parts to be shipped home with Fakrwee

Anybody else need anything or did I promise anybody anything?

I too need trailer tires desperately :(

I too need trailer tires desperately :(

Check these people out.. They are in Phx and will let you pick up things.. I don't know if they sell raw tires but their tires + rim price is decent.

http://stores.ebay.com/AZ-Trailer-Tires-and-Wheels

I'm picking up three 13" tires/rims for a boat trailer for < $170 from them in 2 weeks. Its cheap enough that I can sell the other 3 and end up with a total cost of maybe $120 for 3 tires on rims. I haven't picked them up yet, but from emails to/from them they seem pretty good.

~Mark

It's so cool he got back when he did, it wasn't supposed to be until July and he is going to make this trip. I submitted an essay to Off Road Adventures and they will be overhaulin his truck for an upcoming episode. They want me to be on the show as well since I set everything up for him!!!

Dan, what you did for you friend is first class! Good job!!:salute:

4 Wheel Parts (Offroad Adventures is a 4 Wheel Parts Publication) has done a whole lot to support our troops. The offroad community should do our best to support them as well.:thumbsup:

Dan, what you did for you friend is first class! Good job!!:salute:

4 Wheel Parts (Offroad Adventures is a 4 Wheel Parts Publication) has done a whole lot to support our troops. The offroad community should do our best to support them as well.:thumbsup:

Yeah, Dustin is a trooper, Military Police isn't laundry duty over there either, there job was to go kick down every door in a neighborhood whenever a unit was shot at or when a bomb went off in the street, they were basically working like a SWAT team to get to the bottom of everything. He even got to do an air assult and surrounded a camp that was used to torchure people until their families paid ransom. Dustin is in this video(on the right at 1:21) and was commander of the twin engine helicopter.

I agree 4wheel parts is a good outfit, they match prices as well FYI so there is no reason not to buy there.

What's keeping you Guys?

Greetings from Moab -

Should have been here by Monday evening, but broke an axle in Scipio, Utah.

Just rolled in a few minutes ago, weather reports look correct - - Sunny and HOT! . . .

Paul
'91 Sport

Im all set! Had to replace a U-Joint on my Dodge, so happy i found that! Beat on the explorer pretty good last night and everything worked great. After Moab its time for a C4. Damn main seal on the a4ld is worthless. :thumbdwn:

Project i got your spare, its on a stock 94 rim. Its a general somewhat AT tire. I used them in moab back in 2004 and they worked good. :D

Leaving in the AM. Everyone be safe! :salute:

looks like it will be just me, jim, and justin coming up

when are you leaving RJ?

three people and four seats. we can take one for the team and take "the other guy" for ya. although four peeps in a 2door isn't that fun getting in n out. but the seat is there if anyone needs it

OK. Was wondering if you wanted to caravan, but I'm fixing to leave in a few. I'll see you tomorrow night then.

hmmm i don't know why we're not leaving tonight. i guess we hadn't even thought about it.

so im about to go search around but.....

does anyone have suggestions on a rough idle situation? it drives fine, but at idle the rpm's jump around and it sounds like i have a performance cam in the engine. cleaned the MAF, AIC, TPS, and the air filter. any ideas, thoughts? :dunno:

How do the ones who are/where in Douglas' group get there spot at canyonlands? do we register or ???
I will be leaving Fri am so don't have too much fun on the runs fri.

Tim

RJ mine is doing the same. It throws a CEL after about 5 minutes, im almost positive its the 02 sensor.

I could have a seat we need one bad. Both back doors havent worked for years and with the cage the only way in is through the hatch. lol

RJ mine is doing the same. It throws a CEL after about 5 minutes, im almost positive its the 02 sensor.

cool we can both pretend we have racing ground cams this weekend :D

somehow we have three bottles of K&N air filter cleaner and only one can of oil :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will be at City Market at 9tomorrow, I've got Rick and RJ's phone numbers so I will leave a message if for some reason I won't be there.

R.J., thanks for the offer on the seat. I'll probably have Dustin ride with you guys, he's way chill, or I'll jump in and let my truck run it's own path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back