Moab is in DANGER! Please take action here: | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab is in DANGER! Please take action here:

Kirby N.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ranger
Alright, if you have been doing the OHV thing very long, you know MOAB is the Disney Land of 4wheeling, dirtbiking, camping and everything else sacred. It is in Danger! Loud extremists aim to close use to everyone but non motor vehicles! Take a minute to send your comments to the Utah BLM here:Link

OK, you might not know what to say. Copy these comments and post them! It will take only a few minutes!

Here are sample comments, use them if you wish:
I would like to add my voice to the chorus of those requesting that off highway vehicle trails in and around Moab, Utah remain open. Further, I would like to make a few suggestions to the BLM, none of which require the expenditure of public funds in any significant volume

1) New trials should be developed to replace those that have recently been closed by the new private owners. Trail use clubs and many independent land users would be happy to volunteer time, energy and effort to this task.

2) To prevent the further creation of unauthorized bypasses by the uneducated, all markings and signs on trails should clearly originate from the BLM. Spray painted rocks, as have been found marking allegedly closed bypasses recently, are not acceptable trail markings.

3) Local businesses and clubs should be encouraged to promote responsible trail use through the development and sale of spill clean-up kits, trail maps showing closed areas, etc. Classes on land use, environmentally friendly driving and riding skills, and even vehicle preparation and repair would also be well received in the community, and would be worthwhile for the sponsoring businesses and organizations.

4) Instructions for the reporting of any illegal or irresponsible behavior should be posted at the beginning and end of each trail, or made widely available throughout the area.

Off-highway vehicle recreation, and its companion sport, mountain biking, are critical to the economy of southeastern Utah and Moab, in particular. The shrill voices of a small minority of anti-use activists should not be allowed to dominate the public dialogue concerning the use of public lands, nor should those activists be allowed to reserve these public resources for themselves.

Respectfully,
:

Here is a link to a thread regarding MOAB use:

Colorado4x4.org

Only Takes a Minute!! Last time I was there, alot of my regular Motorcycle trails were closed! It is only time before they are all closed if we don't do something!

Thanks from all of us;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have my full support. For what ever its worth.;)

Comments sent too :D

i tried to be polite about such a travesty being considered. I wanted to really rip them a new one though.

comments sent...

this is occuring at a trail system here in georgia right now as well.

comments sent...

Comment's sent!

Ditto!

Done.

i'm in

Sent mine! - Great write up by the way

Ready to send, but there is either a server problem or a local DNS problem... I'll resubmit until it goes.
Good luck in this effort to preserve the fun for all.

Back