Modified Hood on Ebay....

CougarX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 EB, '02 ST, '97 XLT
Found this on ebay, seems a little high priced to me but if it looks good with no mold lines and the paint job is a good one i guess its not that bad of a price over what it would cost ya to do it yourself.

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that hood is a crock... he bought a hood and lund nonfunctional scoops... maybe cut some holes in the hood.....

ok...... he's got a very good seller rating... but that is not a pic of the hood. that isnt even an explorer hood. all that is is a pic of the lund scoops stuck on a chevy or something. if im gonna pay close to $1000 for a hood, im gonna have to see 20 different pics of it.

and yes, $1000 is WAY TOO HIGH. the Lund scoops are actually very easy to mold in. its not some supreme street rod builder mod. Troll was trying to sell the Cobra hoods for around $700, and at least with him you know you are getting a good hood... this is just some guy on ebay. how do i know that he's gonna paint it better than anyone else? i dont...

I asked him for pics. If he sends them, I'll post them.

troll will only build his if like 6 people are interested.... his is the only one and he has to mess it up a little to make another one... repaint, mold, etc.....

His response was "Yeah Ill try and get pics tomorrow"

Very professional. Knows how to sell his product if you ask me.

Originally posted by 98FordX24
His response was "Yeah Ill try and get pics tomorrow"

Very professional. Knows how to sell his product if you ask me.

What that really means is..." I am photoshopping scoops onto an Explorer hood right now";)

If I have to ask for pictures of the product that is selling for a grand, forget about it. People have no idea how to sell things. You shouldn't even consider selling anything on eBay without at least a few pictures.

So, what do you think fellas??? Worth a grand??? If you buy this, I've got a custom ebrake release up for auction. I'll let you in on a little secret... the reserve is set at $300. ;)

Attachments

• i-1.jpg
    i-1.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 465

Attachments

• i-2.jpg
    i-2.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 553

Why can I only post 2 pictures in a row?

lets see if this works.

Attachments

• i-3.jpg
    i-3.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 478

i love it! check back i just bidded it up some more, please don't bid against me though, ok? i really can't go over 1,500 but i really want that piece of art!

Looks like theres some cut outs here.

Attachments

• i-4.jpg
    i-4.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 459

And finally...

LOL, I forgot to attach the pic. Dead Link Removed

Here...

Attachments

• i-5.jpg
    i-5.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 460

Wow, it's crap just like I suspected. Go over to Pur Pony's thread about cowl hoods, now THAT is a badass hood!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i like the look of it spread apart though.....makes me kinda tempted to find some hood scoops liek that for 75 bucks, mold them in with bondo for 10 bucks, then get it repainted for a couple hundred. i wont do it....but it would sure be a lot cheaper of a route.

Back