• Register Today It's free!

Moog Front Springs

ricco750

Reaction score
City, State
Springfield, MO USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93XLT4X2 (3:27 LimSlip)
I just wanted to give some feedback about this product. I recently replaced my radius arm bushings, and since I had to remove the springs, I figured I would put new ones in, as they are not that expensive. I do not regret the decision. I would describe the springing action in normal driving as "crisper", but not uncomfortable. But the REALLY noticeable difference is the reduction in front-end "dive" in hard cornering...I'd say by 75%. The Moog springs, while the same height (maybe 1/4" taller) have an extra coil than the stock springs, which necessitates all the coils being closer together. I highly recommend them.:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the feedback on the Moog springs, I have a 92 Sport and I'm in the process of replacing them with Moog springs right now actually. That brings up a question, if you did the springs yourself, what did you do to remove them? did you have to use a spring compressor or is there another way around that?

Thanks!

my friend in high school jacked up his truck by the frame and then cut the spring in half with a torch.

ahh that's a little too much for me, I'm just gonna go back to Advance Auto Parts and use their spring compressor, I just called and they will lend it to me with a small deposit.

jack up the rig, take off the tire/wheel, take shock off mount, disconnect sway bar. Take out the spring retaining nut, the TTB axle should just about drop to the ground. Will allow plenty of space for the spring to be unlocked from top mount. LOCK in the new spring to the top mount. Tighten down nut, reinstall shock, sway bar, put tire/wheel back on, lower the jack and call it good

thanks, the sway bar was holding me back, I didn't realize that it held up the front suspension so much, as soon as I dropped it then I was able to work with the springs... got them on and now it's riding alot better, alot "crisper". The only issue I have now is the rear end is sagging, I've seen alot of posts about replacing shackles and adding a leaf, I'm just not sure where to get the best price and what is best for my year, it's a 92 Sport... I don't want a lift, just return to stock.

Back