Moog shows two different ball joints? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moog shows two different ball joints?

nitro71

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Spokane WA
I was pricing ball joints at JC Whitney and the Moog ones they have show two different ball joints. Seems like 91-93(and a few mos) are different from 93-94? The parts house never says that there are different ones. Is this something to be concerned about if I buy ball joints localy?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 2WD ball joints are different from the 4WD ball joints.

Also, for some reason, some parts stores list a Dana 28 4WD application, even though almost all Explorers have a Dana 35 front axle.

Just be sure you're getting them for a 1993 4WD Explorer w/Dana 35 and they should be the right ones.

Also, if you just need lower ball joints (usually the ones that go bad), I have some brand new ones for sale: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2221334#post2221334

That's a good deal Anime but unfourtunately I have to do them today.

Thanks for the heads up on rockauto. That is really cheap, even for the moog stuff. I think maybe I'll order up enough parts to do one whole side from them sometime. For now I'm just replacing the one bad ball joint.

Back