Moonroof

mydland89

Reaction score
City, State
Hornell, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Black 5.0 AWD XLT
HEy,
Well as some of you know, I smashed my 99 ex. and she is totalled... :fire: But the upshot is....I originally wanted a black 5.0 ltr. 302 ex...and Now I have found one that I want with just 22,000 miles.....

two things will make this vehicle my perfect EX.....1) cd changer
2) Moonroof

I am going to the stealership with the loan in hand and demanding they sell me the truck but, they must first Install, or have it done, an ASC Moonroof.....the cd changer is another thing I want installed too....but the moonroof is most important to me......anybody have any thoughts, ideas. experiences....etc etc.... :usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have heard that the aftermarket moonroofs don't leak anymore. But yeah go for it.

If they could do one the same as the new Maxima, THAT would be PERFECT!

I remember a few years ago to install a new sun roof where there's none cost over $1k.

if i had the balls to cut my roof up in the explorer, i'd put in one of those covers that slids back like 3 feet. Saw them install one of 2 guys garage. Its alittle beyond my skills though.

I wanted a moon roof too

So I purchased one form a 97 Explorer. $130. It's an ASC moonroof from a rear end collision. I called every sunroof place in Massachusetts and nobody would install the moonroof Ipurchased. They would install their own ASC piece for $1,100. I found one guy in Leominster who wanted to charge $500 to install, but wouldn't guarantee. So I still have an extra moonroof, and I cannot have the sun shine on my head.
Better luck to you!
Karl

Well,
I hought a 2001 black explorer XLT, and the sunroof was an extra $1000.00 installed....which I thoght was okay since I got the guy down a thousand dollars on the price of the vehicle....which essentially paid for the moonroof....I pick it up on friday,..those salesmen were tough too! I had a list of things that I wanted to be done before I bought the ex...Oil change, floor mats, Full tank of gas, new plugs and wires, and a bug deflector, and new tires.... I had to actually get out of my chair and start walking out of the dealership to get them to say yes to all of those demands......he said no to everything except the old change at first, but then I yelled, " you have got to be kidding me...I am spending $16,000 on a vehicle here and you can't give me those simple little things??" " that is rediculous!!! and then he says...wait a minute,,,Billy, sit back down...I am NOT going to let you walk out of here because of a few little items" then It was done...that easy...that is why car salesmen are basically scumbags....wtf?? he should of said NO problem right from the start and I would of been happy as ****, but now I don't like the guy because he tried to get out of giving me that stuff.....oh yeah the last thing was I wanted an extra remote fob,......So, at the days end I have purchased a new Explorer with the 302 V-8...yeaaaahhh, which I drove and love!! that thing has BALLS!!! :usa:

pics coming soon

I wish I had a 302... :( :p

Congrats on your purchase!! Time to change your signature!! :)

Back