more power out of a 2wd 96 5.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

more power out of a 2wd 96 5.0

I have a 96 2wd 5.0 explorer.I have already purchased the EE suspension kit.I am seriosly considering some engine mods.What would be the best way to get reliable power out of my 5.0?Can any 5.0 parts(mustang etc) be used.What kind of horsepower can I expect?If this was your X what would you do?I'm a new to mods and explorers but I really want more power.Thanks everyone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mac intake ,Exhaust,MAS,TB,S/C and there are other but 5.0 mustangs engines are different then ours. And what part of ATL are you from?

i agree with jon. the stock intake and exhaust is very restrictive on the 5 liter. also, do a search on "throttle cable mod". mine was stretched bad and wouldnt allow the truck to reach wide open throttle.

Thanks for the advice.I my next upgrade will be exhaust.I thinking about going with 50 series Flowmasters.Then intake.then computer and trans.I live in east atlanta(Dekalb)

the Troll started out as a 96 2wd 5.0
i dont think there is another explorer even close the power that truck puts down.:)

Welcome to the site Jace...
I'm not too far from you (Alpharetta). Good to know there's another X person nearby

Back